Anyone else have/or is getting a ASUS Strix 1070 (non oc)??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Autarch20, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    I get mine tuesday or monday. I did a lot of research before i bought it and found a decent amount of benchmarks (numbers) but not any actual decent gameplay footage yet. so im just curious to see if other users here on Guru3d have my exact same card the ASUS GTX 1070 ROG strix GFX card (STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING)

what games do you play and what real world performance are you getting in those games. (particularly GTA 5 and RotTR and DOOM)

also, what OCs are you guys getting, because i hear alot about how this card can make it above 2000Mhz which is incredible to me.

and lastly i would like some general perspective and observations on this particular model

I did a lot of looking into before i bought this card. but even with all my research My confidence soured to FEAR and now im freaking out at the last minute worrying that the rest of my rig is holding me back AND/or the GTX 1070 is just a minor step up from a Refrence 980....

I was confident until 5 hours after i bought my ROG strix 1070 and now my confidence is gone and feel like i shouldve waited to upgrade to a skylake and shouldve waited for a 1080 or 1080ti.

is my loss of confidence well placed and justified, or should i ignore my fears and rejoice? lel :p

2. SubtleOne

SubtleOne Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 Amp!
    It is completely justified. What a disaster. I mean your games could easily drop from 125 FPS to as low as 123 FPS. In other words, totally unplayable. I'd take up chess instead.

3. Autarch20

Autarch20 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    HAHHAA made me laugh! :) thanks for that!