Looking for headset for BF4 .

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by topcat77, Jul 25, 2016.

1. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    Hi guys, My headset broke so'm looking for a decent headset w/mic for around 80 dollars to play FPS games like BF4 .As always thanks .

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
  3. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  4. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    Thanks . I was looking at the Hyperx and steelseries sets . I have been using the 3.5 jacks in the past instead of the usb . Is there any difference ?

5. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 4080

It depends. If you have a decent sound card, better off using it with the 3.5mm output, and input. In my opinion they are much better then usb. I know the Philips doesn't need much power to drive.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You could get an pair of stereo headphones like the Audio Technica AD500X that i usually see around $70 on amazon or ebay which you can get something like the mod mic and attac to the side of the headphones. The AD500X doesn't benefit from an headphone amp, so it will work on your onboard. Even tho it will work on your onboard, an sound card will still be an good idea some time down the line for any pair of headphones.