How to set raid properly with win 7 x64 7600rtm.

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by A M D BugBear, Jul 25, 2016.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, I decided to try out win 7 x64 after a long time of not using it.

For some odd reason, During the windows installation screen, none of my hdd is appearing, I tried everything within my bios and changing the CSM settings from legacy to uefi,etc, didn't change squat, however, When I switched the sata ports to ahci instead of raid, all of my drives are being detected but can not do raid 0.

I can do raid 1(mirroring) within windows 7 through create partitions,etc, that actually works, but doing raid 0, it does not work.

Just to give everyone heads up here, I also tried to install the raid drivers to see if my ssd's will show up, and it does not, only ahci mode, all drivers are shown.

Any help would be great, thank you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

UPDATE:

switching the raid jumpers to Lsi raid, I never use Lsi raid, I'll try it now, brb in a bit.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok sorrie for the long delay, LSI Megaraid mode does not work, also tried to install drivers to see if the drives will pop up, nope.

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Got the book [manuel] on the board? Should be something in there maybe, or check board manufacter web site? Just some ideas.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

I was thinking another way but it won't work.

Try to install win 7 on a another single hdd, then during inside wind 7, through disk management, create a stripe for both of my 2 evo 840's, then install windows from the disk but can't since its in dynamic mode, :(

Has anyone has this issue??? Win 8.1 and 10 is perfect, win 7 w/raid = :(

I also google some stuff on this, apparently many people had problems where there drives does not appear but if you use the cmd feature, and do clean thingy, it will appear then but in my case, if I use diskpart through cmd, and do list disk, no disk appears to be listed, all blank, even though my mobo's bios is detecting the hdd's no problem.

Like I stated before, even If I set the bios filler to uefi or legacy, storage to uefi or legacy = still does not work.