Video scheduler internal error on startup 1070 g1

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by flash22, Jul 23, 2016.

1. flash22

flash22 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 GMG
    Hi all,

Just replaced my windforce 290's with a g1 gaming 1070 which is absolutely fantastic. The card over clocks very nicely reaching 2.1ghz on the core and approximately 9.8ghz on the memory. It will run Valley all day long at these clock speeds no problem but as soon as I restart the pc it triggers the bsod error described in the title.

This doesn't happen if my oc is only applied to the core however but will trigger when any amount of oc is applied to memory.

Have used ddu to fully clean out old drivers and also done a reinstall of nvidia too which didn't help.

Any help would be great.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. flash22

flash22 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 GMG
    To add to this - If I apply any OC to the memory at all whilst on desktop the desktop completely artifacts and ends up rebooting itself. It is like the card doesnt receive enough power whilst in idle mode when the OC is applied. When there is voltage flowing through the card it will hold its max OC on both the core and memory all day long no problem.

3. flash22

flash22 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 GMG
    Yea did that. Looks like it might be an MSI afterburner issue as I dropped that and started using the gigabyte software which is working alot better it seems. Starts up fine and loads the memory oc without a hitch.

4. flash22

flash22 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 GMG
    Yea its really weird I have ticked that. Also I lowered Memory OC to 372ghz and it doesn't trigger the BSOD anymore, just artifacts and locks up as soon as Afterburner is loaded at startup.

IT DOES NOT however do the same thing with Gigabyte G1 Software. So ive been using that - but I prefer the afterburner benefits

5. Audrey Walsh

Audrey Walsh Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1060
    did you try to repaste the thermal I have gxt 1060 drivers and geforce experience it works fine last day then when i update it to the latest i got this error..
    before anything else you must check first your discrete gpu by following this
    https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/video-scheduler-internal-error/
    Solution 3. Test Graphics card and related hardware