Graphics Quality of today games.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sunnyp_343, Jul 19, 2016.

1. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Hi,

As the thread name i wanna talk about Graphics and gameplay of today games.
    From past couple of years i am not impressed with graphics quality of games.that why i dont see any special dedicated hardware requirement games from last 3-4 years.Either hardware have been get too strong that developer or their engine got old or cant match with today's gpu/cpu.

Because there was time when people asks will this run Crysis? ya right we most of us all asked that.When doom 3 had launched whole world had to upgrade their hardware.Same went with Crysis.When its first launched people unable to play it max with smooth FPS for next 2-3 years.It was so advance graphics game from his time and still its look good.

But today its not like that hardwares are so powerful that no one ask that will this run that game in max?But instead now they ask will this run that in 2K or 4K with 120hz or 180hz?So you know what i trying to say.I know some cool graphics game are coming and some gone.But none of that is like that we can say OMG this is so advance graphics game or My 3000$-4000$ wont run that game smooth.Like when crysis came.

So thats it.ya i love Crysis.I still plays it.from my point of view still no one can beat it yet.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

One very simple reason, consoles. If consoles didn't exist, I'm sure DirectX 12 features would have found their way into say, DirectX 9...

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Lack of need to innovate. Everybody buys that yearly iteration of CoD, or that yearly version of Assasin's Creed, or that yearly version of Far Cry, or that regular Battlefield...

Imagine a world where people wouldn't buy that stuff. Publishers would fight for their lives after just one year of nearly no sales.

Wherever it comes from and what's the real reason, I guess it has many roots (but yes, consoles limit the options because they bring the most money).

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I don’t think that you should blame the consoles for it. It is just how the market works today and not the little black boxes fault. Many people that have the money to spend on PC hardware are disappointed that todays’ games, do not use the potential there is and I can understand that. Personally I’m a bit relieved that you don’t always need the latest and greatest components to run the new games. I’m sure many other are too. For the most part the average user does not want to spend the kind of money that high-end PCs cost.

Unfortunately for the enthusiasts out there (many of them in this forum) there aren’t many applications for the cool hardware, other than applying high levels of AA, down sapling or running higher resolutions. My advice here is – if you don’t have the games for the high end stuff, don’t buy it. Buy cheaper hardware, get the same results.

Also don’t say that the slow progress in graphics is ruining gaming. There is much more to playing games, than pretty graphics.

5. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080

Ya agreed.look at Cod series they ruined it.Assassin creed ,Far cry etc etc .Many cool games totally ruined it.Same stuff,Same gameplay,even same map.I forgot the name theres a AAA game they put same map in First and then in sequal with little bit of change.what the point of spending so much money on pc when they simply port the games to pc as it is.This is murder.
    All i want now is Half-life 3 before die.I am still waiting for this.

Edit: I remembers that game name Farcry 4 and far cry Primal.Almost same map.you can search on google.
    https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/03/far-cry-primal-world-map-same-in-far-cry-4/

6. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    In some points you are right.Theres no point to spend big bucks unless your target is 4k or 2K.I played Crysis 3 and Rise of Tomb raider at 4k and believe me its totally a new experience.Its like a dead body lives again.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's the same as with graphics, gameplay hasn't improved much either, but graphics at least have a step up from 199x.

8. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    But i wish that Developers just dont only port games to pc but they should make same game for pc from Scratch.And pc hardware so expansive that Nvidia or Amd should do something and start some AAA exclusive games for pc.Because when More the quality of games comes in pc more their hardware sell

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Deja vu.
    We've head exactly this thread and discussion just a few weeks before.

Thing is, it simply costs too much money to make PC exclusive versions, and it hardly pays off with PC sales afterwards.
    And the GPU manufacturers have no interest to become publishers / devs at all, because if so they'd have to make games for consoles too, which needs money to invest in mantime and equipment / licenses before you sell your first game. Simply doesn't pay for them, they rather sell you GPUs and try to get devs to use them.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I would not link graphics and gameplay. When game has good gameplay you should be involved into, you should not gaze at details of picture. To me graphics should be enougth to backup gameplay.
    And also the theorema that the less detailed picture the more you use your own imagination. For example reading the book - your imagination at work, watching the movie - crew`s imagination at work.

11. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Ya its same with both graphics and gameplay.There hundreds of example:Cod,Assassin creed,Far cry,Resident evil,Silent hill,need for speed top among them in ruining gameplay and graphics.
    One more thing i want to mention now every second game on pc is either MMORPG or RPG.Steam full of these.And tons of Arcade games.WTF.Now i am tired of dota,league of legend,smite,world of warcraft,HOE and many more.These games are good but enough is enough.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's actually mostly cost.

The better the graphics the more expensive is to make. The better the graphics the less people that can potentially play it. So now not only are you making an extremely expensive game but only a fraction of the total number of gamers will even buy it.

There is also diminishing returns on graphics due to limitations of tools.After a while you end up spending a ton of money on artists for only marginal increases in image quality.

13. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    GPU manfactures dont need to become developers.It might ruined themself.But they can support some developers ask them to make exclusives for pc.Everyubody know how much money Nvidia,AMD,Intel has.This is possible.Imagine games like Last of us,Uncharted,Destiny,halo,god of war exclusive for pc.Pc sales automatically will go up.Other hand console sales go down.which no one wants and this is the main reason.
    Sorry if i forgot to mention some other console exclusive games.

14. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Hmm some where you right and some where defintely wrong.Better graphics means expansive games cause it demands heavy engine more people to work.ok
    But in other hand hardware is getting cheap with every generation.Today GTX 1080 cost 800$ which beat GTX Titan who had cost 1500$.Even 200$ RX 480 run all of game at 60+ fps in 1080p and many at 2160p with descent fps.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    With your idea AMD / Nvidia would have to pay devs for anything they lose in console sales. And I don't want to bash AMD in any way, but I doubt they'd want to flash out $30 - 50 million for a single game to get games from consoles (which are run by AMD chips!) to PC, and Nvidia handles their profits in other ways (premium price tag, producing chips for other stuff than PC gaming, making their cards use value and relative performance faster than AMD's). And Intel technically is a GPU manufacturer, but I just put it out there, if you want to build a gaming PC, you still need a dedicated GPU these days. So yeah... I don't see any of them do it, even if they could.

Like Denial said it, it comes down to cost, which simply doesn't pay off.
    Somehow it's like Nietzsche and his opinion that everybody learning to read and write ruins many things, with everybody having access to gaming it ruins it for those truely dedicated to the hobby.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FC Primal uses the same "template", but the map is not the same.
    They changed every location, valley, mountain and river in the game world.

The map itself, in game is completely different. There are no locations that are the same.
    But, all people see is the top down image showing the same template so it's all "They used the same map.... ".

17. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    They marked and mention same river and mountain.i think u didnt check.All they did is they put same map from far cry 4 and edited here and there and use it Far cry Primal.If we buying a new game then shouldn't we get entire new map?

18. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    They already doing it.There are many game that supports Nvidia and some Amd.you can see their logo at start of the games Like latest ROTR support Nvidia and ROTS support AMD.
    there are many free roaming independent developers who can do this.With money everything is possible and believe me this is gonna happen.I am hearing this from some other source.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Have dropped over 40 hours into Primal.
    The map is different. The river and mountain are part of the template, yes they are in the same location... but they are different from how they were in FC4.

If you play the game, you'd never know it's map is based off the same template as FC4.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Yeap, i actually remember ditching the PC totally when the xbox 360 came out because gaming on the PC then was dead and dying, and AGP was dead and it was onto PCI, so a £280 xbox 380 was far cheaper than replacing all your AGP stuff at that time, and the PC did not have anything that could touch Forza 2, Fear, PG 3, Tiger Woods 6....i would even say that consoles like the Wii, 360 and PS3 have actually benefited and helped push gaming to where it is today, and the PC has certainly benefited from them.