Amd driver crash and pink squares

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MrCoffe, Jul 11, 2016.

1. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    Hello, im new here on forum , have been on many forums, but they couldnt resolve,the problem is that i have Amd radeon r7 250 xfx low profile 1gb OC edition ( i've putted bcs there are many brands.) when the pc starts its normal, when i google or stands on desktop it crashes without doing anything, i've seen you have released anti power save mode for amd specifcly but it doesnt help,tried many other drivers, even your WHQL, soo if anyone has spare time to help me i would be greatfull,
    Thanks in advance!
    Regards by Mr.Coffe
    Ps: I've fixed long time ago by increasing 2D clock, but i've forgotten how to do it again.....

Specs if you need it

Q6600
    Asus p5g41t-m lx2/gb
    4Gb ram kingston
    R7 250x
    MSI 400W ATX platinum psu

:banana:

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If you have Afterburner and you force 3D clocks all the time, does it keep doing it?

3. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    No it doesn't.Tried to max and still same even underclocking ram frequency.The avalilable are power -+20 , core clock and memory.If i lower memory from 800 to 500 sometimes the flickering and pink squares doesnt appear,but mostly does.In game is totally fine, for CS:GO it runs from 110FPS to 188FPS in most maps.Idk if i used riva tuner or something, but this is reference of HD 7750, i found way to download software and perma increase 2D.Maybe changing thernal pase and VRAM "stickers" would help? I've been cleaning with high pressured air.Hope this helps.

Regards Mr.Coffe

4. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm not using Afterburner, maybe someone else could help you more. The solution would be to make a couple of profiles in it, a "2D" profile with the frequencies you know are working, and a "3D" profile with the full 3D clocks for gaming, and have Afterburner switch them automatically.

If I were you I would also try contacting XFX support and ask for at least a new vbios.

5. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    Yes 2D on profile would work but i need newer drivers for fallout 4..... Ill try first contact XFX then profile.

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The profiles solution should work no matter the driver you have. Contacting support is your best bet.

7. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    Okay i've lost my damn serial from my GPU, for now its working even tho in my room is hot as hell :p ,Heat isn't issue, i dont have profiles for my gpu,Here are pictures of my state for clock blocker and profiles.

i63.tinypic.com/1627gc7.png (copy and paste cuz i can't post pictures yet)
    tinypic.com/r/rjm9e8/9
    tinypic.com/r/212fv9x/9

GPU: tinypic.com/r/11t9caq/9
    tinypic.com/r/16gk5fm/9

PS:I'll try to look for serial of my GPU if i cannot find it, im gonna go on older stable Driver&Software before Crimson update.Now its fine no problem, no glitches,maybe it was moisture?I've read it's possible.
    Max temp was 72*C but no more than that.

Some say it's heat, some say its broken gpu (even tho they don't Know anything)

Regards by Mr.Coffe :speed: :bunch:

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The official driver not working is a big warning sign, especially if it's a fresh install.

9. headkase

headkase Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 380 4GB Nitro
    You're going to have a "fun" time trying to play Fallout 4 on a 1GB card. Oh it'll be fine out in the woods and the start area. Wait until you get downtown though, you'll run out of VRAM and enter paging-stutter-hell. *Source: experience. Fallout 4 requires a minimum of 2GB of VRAM.

Also, you might dismiss me as "someone who doesn't know anything" but I assure you that I do and in my opinion your graphics hardware is likely experiencing a hardware fault. "Sitting on a desktop doing nothing" should not lock up your system. There is a big problem in there.

10. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    Thanks for help, i changed thermal paste and its fine now. Idkmaybe dirt or moisture, i've cleanded.

Really the best forum i've seen soo far!
    Ps: ill stay as long as i can to help others.

11. MrCoffe

MrCoffe Guest

GPU:
    R7 250
    And another one drives the duster

I have little tiny question,(soo i dont open new thread) , i wanna to update hacked bios for my mobo asus p5g41t-m lx2/gb soo i can overclock my cpu atleast 300mhz, But i've read that if bios update fails that Asus has ability to revert to old bios, is that true/false?

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Read your manual for setting up a USB stick with a good BIOS file. Use FAT32 iirc.