AMD is calling on Radeon Software Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Radeon.com - Calling on Radeon Software Beta Testers!

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    That is a great idea! hopefully they are open to insert new features like radeonpro has them.
    People sign up !

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why not. Im always for improving. Signed up.

4. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    I signed up, hoping they take somewhat of a special interest in people with two gpu's.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

You forgot to say please :grin2:

It is a great idea, I wonder how many people will actually be chosen? I guess they want to get a broad spectrum of system combinations.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think this is an excellent move. Good job there! :)

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    [​IMG]

8. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    This is a great idea and with full-disclosure that things can and will go wrong, that should permit AMD to push out code changes alot faster (a formal beta program). In the current state of beta drivers that we have, I borderline wouldn't even call them beta in that I'm sure features do get pretty rigorous internal testing before seeing the light of day at all.

--Absolutely nothing wrong with AMD's team of testers, yet more eyes generally catches more problems for sure. That's good for everyone, the average user that wants stability and the gamers that want to be on the bleeding edge.

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Signed Up!

well , LOL , i cant find the sign up form.

wtf :p

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Signed up. Interesting, greatest idea they've had in a while. Since this can be used to properly make their drivers great and offer quality. Sure it's free beta testing chosen ones will be doing but geez :D to make radeon better when one owns radeon gpu why not.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    When testing, like when writing code, I am always a pain in the ass (I code in ***** mode enable xD).
    Signed up.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    1st thing, I would rather be on other side of fence. Fixing issues than reporting them.
    CF Frame-pacing is still far from golden and people still complain about stutter. But that has to be based on predictive analysis and therefore if done well, it can be perfect.

Edit: And yes, I applied.

There is no other way around. Primary trait for tester is to be relentless and push as far as he can.
    So being PITA is absolutely welcome.

13. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I think, they will be deaf for our reports, but I'm naive :banana: Let's try, applied.

14. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    @Rambo
    That isn't true, I will be getting the reports directly that the beta testers make.

@Fox2232
    AMD can't fix issues without knowing about them first. Plus on forums lots of people don't go into sufficient details of their hardware specs and settings used etc which makes it way harder to replicate issues.

15. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    @spyre, I'll take you at your word. Aww, if you were there again - could you tell something about conditions of the RSBT? What we have to keep to get into beta tests?

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Signed...

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    signed too

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I am the only one that cant find the sign up page...?? lol

Yesterday i found it, but today, nope.

edit: well, dont tell me that is the button in the upper left?

im gonna blow my brains out.

19. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Basically I will be picking people from around the world with various Operating systems and other hardware so we can get a wide diverse range of people to test things before the drivers go out to the general public.

Currently there are games only played in certain areas of the world that we don't really know much about (for example lots of the crazy Korean MMOs, or Chinese only games) which it would be nice to fix issues with if there are any. That is just an example. So we don't just want to support the regular top 50 or whatever AAA games or things which get benchmarked but the games that people actually play and software they use. That is I feel how you get loyal customers by looking after them.

Windows 10 and Win 7 are the most popular OSs so those users will probably get the lions share but we still need to know about issues on the less popular ones too. I will be picking some Linux people too so it isn't just Windows users. X64 OSs are the most popular so it also makes sense for those people to get priority as you would imagine.

Also VR is going to become more popular over time it looks like, so if people have those then even better. I have the Vive headset at home myself.

People with Crossfire and Eyefinity will also be desirable too since there are likely to be issues with those more than a single card due to to the nature of how those things work.

Hope that helps.

20. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    AMD came with a great idea. Hope I'll make it to be part of it.