System Shock Reboot: live now on kickstarter, demo also available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DualCORE1, Jun 29, 2016.

1. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    [​IMG]
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock?token=a72debe1

Game Brief:

After two decades, Nightdive Studios is rebooting and re-imagining the original System Shock. We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved while giving today's gamers the modern look and feel expected from a AAA title.

Help fund this game!

If you'd like a brief preview of the game, we have a Pre-Alpha Demo available for download right now. Please keep in mind this is a very very very early demo, so performance, content

demo is available now on steam type in System Shock Pre-Alpha enjoy:)

Ulenn likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Jim sterling showed the demo on his youtube channel. Looks great sofar, never played system shock ever, but gog gave ss 1 or 2 for free recently. So an updated verion i might just wait for.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've ran through the demo twice now. Once this morning, once now.

Looks great, and as a proof of concept... is amazing. More companies should start Kickstarters like this. With something solid to show.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Looks super promising so far and a playable demo is a massive plus but I'm so done with early access/ kick starters

I've backed so much **** and NONE of them have released on time or even close to what they promised ;_;

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've only ever supported one Early Access game. And that was Betrayer.
    And I only did that because of the huge respect I have for Craig Hubbard and the guys at Monolith.
    And they did not disappoint. Betrayer is awesome.

I have not backed a single kickstarter.
    Mostly because... there haven't been any I ever through were worthwhile. And, my train of thought has always been "I could just wait for release, see how it is... and get it then."
    I mean, look at Mighty No. 9... that sure turned out "well". ;)

But, Nightdive are doing this right IMO.
    Buying the IP. Re-releasing the original System Shock 1 and 2. Working with another studio to make SS3.
    And developing this remake internally. And, putting out a fully playable demo for people to experience before backing.
    So they can not only see, but play for themselves what the goal is.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I've backed Divinity Original Sin and Wasteland 2, later on also Pillars of Eternity and Torment and so far that's turning out OK although Divinity and Wasteland 2 took a while (And a re-release.) to get everything in order and Pillars have also required a number of patches but it's not too bad now, Torment is also shaping up nicely from what little I've tested of the various released beta builds.

Was interested in Shroud of the Avatar but I'm almost glad I missed that Kickstarter as the game is not turning out as I had expected, also missed Bards Tale and the Underworld reboot but it's too early to say how those will turn out though Underworld isn't quite as I had expected from what little have been shown so far.

Also missed Bloodstained unfortunately and that seems to be turning out OK but I was low on money so had to give it a miss but I'll definitively pick it up once it's released.

Oh and yeah Kingdom Come, Cry-Engine is causing the team a bit of headache it seems and there's been a few delays but the beta is slowly shaping up though it's still somewhat clunky, could go whichever way so I hope the development team can get the game into shape for it's now-2017 release.

Picked up Elite and Star-Citizen during their alpha/beta releases and well Elite is well it's Elite mostly and Star-Citizen is garnering a lot of attention plus some 110 million or so in funding by now but progress is slow although it might see completion one day.

As for this I'll likely pick it up when it's released in full, System Shock 1 wasn't too bad but I personally preferred the sequel though I am sure this remake will be very faithful to the original and it seems they had (Or someone had.) plans for a System Shock 2 remaster as well and a actual sequel, but that's not for a while yet.

So it'll be fun to explore Citadel Station again once this gets released even if I personally preferred the sequel. :)

EDIT: I don't generally back with that much money though, usually it's the tier to get a copy of the game when it's finished and sometimes depending on how interested I am in the project I might gradually increase the funding level for other bonuses although it's still a pretty small sum, highest I think was a 100$ or so for Torment since I had money to spare at that occasion. :p

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Played the demo. Loved it.

Performance isnt too hot on a single gtx 580 but thats not the games fault, though hopefully the fullgame will ship with a bunch of optimizations to help with saving me from having to upgrade just a little longer.

Il wait closer to release to back this. Im not fond of backing games, but this could be an exception.

Off to play SS2 now with some mods
    Highpoly models: http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-rebirthhigh-poly-pack
    HD Textures: http://www.moddb.com/mods/shtup-system-shock-2-texture-upgrade

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Has anyone gotten downsampling to work? It doesn't go above 1080P even though I select 4K in the menu.

9. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, has been out for about a week. I think... there's one week left. It was only going to be available for a limited time.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    its very blue but very cool.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Should be an update coming sometime this week, to improve performance.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Tried the demo, didn't finish it.

Not my type of game i guess, don't like all the bright colors.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    going to install this

15. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    performance for me is better than the Unity demo

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Love the atmosphere

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i dig that old-school shooting, dark theme sci-fi.
    looks good to me.

19. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I played the demo and liked it. I also really like the artstyle.

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Too candy colored for me. ;p