Review: be quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Let's check out the latest from the be quiet! team. Starting today they will offer the lovely Dark Base 900 PRO tower chassis. The all new enthusiast class chassis from be quiet! is full of intricate...

Review: be quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO

2. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    I've been looking forward to this case, really like it. But what about temperatures? Right now I've got an all aluminium case, is this one worse? Or does it depend only on airflow?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I don't do temp measurements. Each PC is different in terms of components like VGA motherboard and PSU each with a different heat signature, each environment is different ambient temps wise and then there are people tweaking, overvolting and using different fan settings. I find it far too subjective to add temp numbers.

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Although my hungry eyes wouldn't mind seeing some temps numbers too, I think circa mid 2016 cases(good ones at least) doesn't suffer much from airflow problems as before.

Might be a couple or few decrees between each good case at most I would think.

Few decrees I admit, it might mean a lot more to some, but in general the consumer wouldn't care/mind. :thumbup:

5. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Thx Hilbert for the review took my time to read it.I've bin eyeing this case for awhile.Would be a nice replacement for my corsair 750d but i'm lazy at the moment.

6. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Really nice job as always. Cant wait for the upcoming evga case review.

7. Unstizzy

Unstizzy Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    That phone charger is a pretty clever addition. I have a Silen Base 800 that I'm pretty happy with. Pcitures aren't completely up to date as I added all Noctua Industrial fans besides the top 2X 140mm and side 120mm. Using a Grid + fan controller that seems to be working well.

8. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Guest

GPU:
    GSkill Trident Z DDR4 16G
    I'm lucky enough to be the first one to ever mod this case. I will be posting a build log on it here as soon as it arrives (pretty soon.) So get ready for some modding madness in this sweet case. I will be modding the black and silver Pro edition of the Dark Base 900.

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Sweet! Looking forward to the build log. :thumbup:

10. EnviousMods

EnviousMods Guest

GPU:
    GSkill Trident Z DDR4 16G
    Thanks. Me too. It will be a neat case to work on and I should have the announcement for the name and concept soon.