New build with motherboard problems

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Deleted member 114840, Jun 27, 2016.

1. .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2022
  2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Did you tried remove board from case and try bench from outside the case and isolate noise from which part of board or other component coming

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    while the psu might not be what is making the coil whine I have noticed that each motherboard seem to reacte different to the PSU one might have the coil whine while another might not same for GPU's my guess is each component react diffrent

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    That's strange there,I've too ASRock Extreme and I don't have any issues with mine,although I'm not using on board audio or on board LAN

Hopefully you will sort that with RMA,did you tried send email to ASRock,they are very helpfull there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    See my system and I don't have any coil whine. It may be a shielding issue or overheating issue on one of the ICs. See if you can blow a small fan over the KillerNIC heatsink and see if it helps.

I have both KillerNic and ALC1150 on board. Best MB next to the old Asus Px Deluxe MBs I've ever owned. Worth the money for the 5 year warranty too.