British exit from EU what are the pros and cons?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Jun 24, 2016.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I am a little surprised it passed but I totally understand it.

What are your thoughts and what are the pros and cons?

2. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I too thought they would vote remain to stay in EU after that murder. If it means they can control their immigration and enforce their laws without ****libs and eurocrats screaming racist and xenophobic, good for them.

It was pretty funny that Trump landed in Scotland of all places and praised the result lol.

Also got this out of it :p

[​IMG]

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Horrendous outcome if you ask me.

Totally shocked that it ended up this way. The pound is now at its lowest since 1985, a time when the country was on its knees. The FTSE100 fell near 8% and 100 UK businesses lost in excess of £100 billion in less than 10 minutes.

Some people here really dont understand what they have just done for this country and not just us this will be felt worldwide.

People here were blinded by immigration and think that voting out would actually give us power back over our borders when in fact it will do very little to help the issue.

This morning the main man involved in the "leave campaign" just told the nation that one of his MAIN reasons for leaving the EU was totally false. He said that we would save £350 million a week that we send to the EU and that it would go into the NHS (national health service). This is total lies and people believed it.

We will indeed save around £350 million, however we now need to setup trade agreements and this will cost us A LOT. This will bring that 350 down to around 180 million. A drop in the ocean compared to the countries yearly budget. This also can not be guaranteed to go to the NHS. So he lied to the nation and then when he got what he wanted he had no choice but to tell the truth.

The EU as a whole, is now in total melt down. Germany will now leave, followed by France. The currency of the euro will eventually be lost and each state will end up going back to their old currencies.

The UK will feel the repercussions of this event for decades to come, and a lot of people are still ignorant to it. I know a few people who voted leave, and this morning they are seriously regretting their choice and didn't realise it was such a big deal.

The NHS will also feel this force of this event, my fiance is a nurse and her hospital was told if we leave the EU the hospital will be closed down. This morning she had an email literally 2 hours ago stating in the next three months patients and staff will be moved and this hospital closed down due to no funding coming in from the EU for mental health.

Also childcare placements will also be closed as a lot of this too was funded by the EU, no funding, means no more childcare. Meaning we shall have much more expensive childcare with private companies now allowed to come in.

Makes me sick to think such idiots have the power to vote. My grand father fought side by side with french, polish, Italian, swedish, spanish, dutch, and more for our freedom and they united a continent. Now people here have just spat on that piece of history and completely destroyed what they gave their lives for.

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    We're screwed, end of.

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    If this thread degenerates into name calling / trolling then it will be closed down and infractions / bans will be handed out. Just so everyone knows in advance.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    COMPLETE AND UTTER TWAT!!!

8. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Those who most voted for "Brexit" (I hate that term) will feel it most, the low paid are going to have their benefits cut, lose their jobs and not be able to afford mortgages.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That's what the Tories are good at doing to the UK, Thatcher's choices still have an effect on us today

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Germany is not leaving anywhere. They would need everyone else to leave first. They are the heart of the EU. France is a possibility but it ain't even that bad as UK was. But well **** happens lal. Immigration will be same, just that the European work force cannot move as freely. Wales loses 4 billion of support.

I wouldn't doom and gloom whole eu yet. Future will tell us how france, italy and our puny country handle this Brexit stuff. Considering the gdp dropped by 350 billion that is 40 years worth of eu yearly pays.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yep, which is why "ding dong the witch is dead" was near number 1 in the charts the day she died.

The UK and Germany were propping up the EU during the recession, now the UK has left its left up to Germany. Many other countries have already asked for a vote already after the results in the UK.

12. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Hello.

The way that reads suggest those who voted out, are low paid, on benefits, etc

I think you are a little out of touch...

I am none of those things.

I voted Leave, and would gladly do so again.

I'm obviously not alone in my feelings towards the EU, judging from the results.

And no - I did not vote because of any politician, especially NOT farage.

13. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Idiot here, hello, hi.

My grandparents were also around during the war.

We all voted out.

Your comments are just plain wrong, and rude.

This was diplomacy in action.

What happened to respecting the right for everyone to have an opinion and vote?

(and also respecting members of this forum for that matter, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who exercised my right to vote)

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Out of curiosity, what were Brexits main arguments for wanting to leave EU?

15. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Depends, if you mean the "publicly facing reasons from the political campaign" or some examples that aren't - but are "the reasons"?

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    When it comes to the economy it's not as catastrophic as the media is making out. There of course has been a reactionary contraction of the economy of the UK but also the world economy as a whole, it's important to remember that everything is relative. It's not been 12 hours since the 'out' vote and the markets are already stabilising.

The FTSE100 is now currently performing better than the majority of European and US indices, and GBP has fallen only a slightly further than EUR has.

17. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    This is very true.

It will take a while for things to stabilise - for sure, but I believe they will slowly rise in the coming weeks and months.

I would imagine that they will fall once again, upon the activation of Article 50, and then the eventual "actual leaving event" - which may be the biggest drop?

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I voted out btw.

The only thing that's been supporting the EU economy since the 2008 crash is austerity and the human cost has been enormous. The vast majority of European people have been paying the price for the arrogance of the financial institutions ever since. Disengagement from the EU will force our government to look both outwards to free trade agreements with the global economy and also inwards to fixing the imbalances in our own society.

Austerity is a false growth strategy and artificially inflates GDP, this increases the gap between rich and poor and reduces GDP per capita which holds back actual economic growth.

I agree, I think there's going to be short term pain but the potential for long term prospects and opportunities from global trading is huge. Although I think the actual leaving event might be more determined by what our free trade situation looks like at the time. Canada has already said they want one, trade leaders in Germany and Norway are also pushing for the same.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    I also voted out, if the EU helped the NHS then why has it been at breaking point for years? remember when it needed an extra £8bn to keep it going and meanwhile the EU was asking us for even more money.

Boris even said himself, the UK isn't turning its back on Europe.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    TL;DR: EU used methods of fear and threats to persuade people to vote "Stay".
    Leavers used argument of reestablishing self-governance (good or bad, but self-governance of British people).
    - - - -
    It remains fact that EU removed government in Slovakia when they blocked Greek financial bailout. (Which is basically against internal EU law. And should have been rejected by everyone.)
    Ignored many referendums in many countries, just waited a while, run new brainwashing campaign and referendum was successful. 2nd time, maybe 3rd time.

+quotas. UK economy was actually negatively affected by them. UKIP presented those fishermen. UK Fishing industry been nearly killed and UK buys fish from other nations? What's good from that?
    We had central economical control during communist era, and it was not exactly great.
    EU does same. "European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development" is basically way they decide who's going to be economically competitive.
    EU does that left and right.

EU is not magic wand solving problems. Quite opposite. People who stand behind their economical ideology are people who led to economical crisis in their countries in 1st place.
    Economically strong nations do exactly opposite what EU does.

But worst is that EU should have been economical pact. Yet it dictates so many laws to its member countries. We have North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
    But why does EU want to dictate military stuff when it is supposed to be economical union?
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics...eu-military-cooperation-held-until-after-vote

Taking in account all I know, I would vote YES for "Czexit".

But I know very for-EU people, who benefit from their donations (our taxes). And I know people who generally consider EU nightmare for their business.