Windows 10 Build 14372

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]

Hey Windows Insiders!

First off – I want to say that you were amazing during last week’s Bug Bash. You completed ~71K Quests and filed 81,217 pieces of feedback and up-votes. Windows Insiders from all over the world participated including strong participation from China, India, and Brazil which gave us great insight into what we can expect in our international markets.

We even saw feedback from Insiders in far-away places like Botswana, Turkmenistan, Gambia, Seychelles, Togo, Mali, Liberia, or Greenland. Together, we are making a product that people will love all over the world.

THANK YOU!

With your help, we’re on our way to make the Windows 10 Anniversary Update awesome for ALL of our customers this summer. The team is busily working on triaging and investigating the top bugs that you sent in. The hustle is pretty real around Redmond right now.

As they check in fixes for these bugs into builds, its important for us to get those builds out to you as soon as we can to validate those fixes. So here we are today with another new build for you! We are releasing Build 14372 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.

This build is just one build newer than the last one but has a handful of fixes to improvement overall performance and reliability.

The Microsoft Edge Team also has a new extension to let you know about!

Evernote Web Clipper for Microsoft Edge:

Clip the web pages you want to keep. Save them in Evernote and easily find them on any device. Visit our extensions page at the Microsoft Edge Dev website to learn more and try it out for yourself.

Known issues for PC

• Clicking on networks or VPN connections in the network flyout on the taskbar doesn’t launch the network settings page like it should.
    • There are a few known issues with the Evernote Web Clipper extension for Microsoft Edge. The Evernote Web Clipper might not load on certain websites and there is no thumbnail image when clipping bookmarks. There are also various visual issues.
    • When you enable Developer Mode in this build, you will receive an error message because the necessary package needs from Windows Update isn’t being published appropriately. This will prevent you from using Device Portal. We’re working to get this fixed as soon as possible. You can still F5 deploy apps from Visual Studio to your PC.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...nsider-preview-build-14372-for-pc-and-mobile/

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That known issues list keeps getting smaller and smaller with each build.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah both mobile and PC builds released. I found a bug in the PC build that in some ways is quite serious, but it's a bug directly related to essentially an undocumented function followed by a command to make that feature 'active'. To be more precise, it is kind of an option of an inbuilt function. It's also not overly difficult to rectify, but if you don't know how to do it you wouldn't be able to boot back in to Windows. In other words, it isn't likely to affect almost everyone. I did report it though :).

I won't mention what it is because that will just mean people will want to see for themselves, which is kind of pointless!

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    odd how the latest builds 14366, 14367, 14371 & 14372 don't have any language pack, so you don't have the spell check option. There is also an issue where if your pc goes to sleep, the log on screen never appears, and in settings the sign-in option never loads. Reported these as they are real deal breakers, but not fixed. I have gone back to release 14361 which it the last build that does not have these issues. I am sure there are many more issues, that are not "officially" listed. I find these latest builds far too unstable for daily use, apps crash all the time, many errors listed in event viewer without any meaningful information, and this is on a fresh install. Not expected with less than 3 weeks until release.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    LangPack for Windows 10 build 14372.0.rs1_release
    http://pastebin.com/dsKN78JV

LangPack for Windows 10 build 14371.0.rs1_release
    http://pastebin.com/AWSV9RuJ

LangPack for Windows 10 build 14367.0.rs1_release
    http://pastebin.com/tT5vukUE

LangPack for Windows 10 build 14366.0.rs1_release
    http://pastebin.com/UF6K8q1k

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  6. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is the title text on jumplists on the task bar kinda weird for you guys? When I right click something like steam or mpc-hc or explorer, "pinned" and "frequent" seem to go down by a line as if someone pressed enter. I tried out build 14342 by a clean install with its iso (latest on microsoft's site) and it worked normally there but allowing it to upgrade to 72 via wu and it showed up there too. It wasn't there on 52 iirc.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    LangPack for Windows 10 build 14361.0.rs1_release
    http://pastebin.com/fHycHrWk

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea it does it even in a VM for me

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ah good then. I was worried I caught some of Tsunami's gremlins lol.

Steam's font was perfectly normal on my vm. Biggest difference between there and my live install is that the VM had a clean install and was not beta. I reinstalled steam itself, moved my steamapps and userdata folder back in there and redid my settings. Hopefully all will be normal the next time I get a build upgrade. Thing is that 10586 and 143xx have the same arial font, I did a hash check. Either it's a beta issue or my install is quite old. Lots of extra folders and files in my old install that aren't in my new one. Weird. They seem new too.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    VM doesn't use NVIDIA drivers either, could be that

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If it was an nv issue, a lot more people would have reported it and reinstalling arial font wouldn't have remedied it. Only steam was affected by a font issue. Every other program looks normal. i'll know for sure when a new build shows up because it returns every time a new build is installed.

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

In what way does 14361 work better? That's the importance of beign a proper insider, if there's issues you can report them!

Keep in mind that 14372 is getting close to what RS1 will be like, so if you have issues you'll have 14372 that go unreported, you'll have issues with RS1 release.

14. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well I used all the builds reported my issues, and went back to the version that works. I cannot work on version that cannot log on. So I am a proper insider, I have been an Insider/Beta tester since 1996. I am aware its close to RS1 release, and that's why I find it amazing that these builds still have these issues, and I have reported them many times, including screenshots, debug info etc. I can see many users having issues if this remains as is. I have a feeling its an odd debug service that is running, which will hopefully not be included in the final version. Still odd to have game breakers so close to final build.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    This build seems prettie stable but I only got one question here and this has becoming very apparent on previous builds.

The task bar(bottom portion) while under windows, you know where the icons are at, if you right click on it, the drop box becomes all black and greyish and its empty, same goes when you click on that shift+6 key looking thingy, sometimes it becomes all messed up and can't click on anything.

Also, if your changing stuff within settings and such, the gui is all messed up, some portion is visible and some arn't, wtf??

I am also using a third party program called: Startisback(latest revision 1.3), do you think this is the cause of it??

On the previous build, I have used classic shell, latest beta version and still doing the same nonsense, jeez, at least win 8 doesn't do this bologna, lol.

Anyone else has this problem???

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    It was smaller last time, but yeah, looking forward for an offical release - we peasants (read: non-insiders) have been waiting patiently.

17. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    runnin good here seems stable

18. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    No issues at all here, seems pretty smooth, had one blue screen but that was to do with my logitech webcam driver, Might be compatibility issues with this build.