Can't get VSR to turn on since 16.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmpleNickel4262, May 29, 2016.

1. AmpleNickel4262

AmpleNickel4262 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 4 GB
    Hello. I have dual R9 290's. I've always been able to use Virtual Super Resolution. But since 16.2 driver EVERY single driver since then when I install it, whether over top of old one, uninstalling older and fresh install driver, whatever combination when I go into my display settings in Crimson VSR is turned OFF. No matter how many times I click it, it does the usual Windows sound and screen flashes on and off like normal, it still stays greyed out OFF. I simply cannot get VSR to turn on for the life of me and it was NEVER a problem before 16.2. Kind of hate playing games with a 3 month old driver when half a dozen have been released since. Luckily I'm not playing any newer demanding games lately so haven't needed driver updates BUT I would love to find a fix for this problem. I'm using an HDMI television by the way and it HAS and DOES work with driver 16.2 or below.

Windows 7
    i7 4770k 4.3 Ghz
    2- R9 290's
    16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
    ASUS Z-97 A USB 3.1

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
  3. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Definitely try DDU it should fix it.

4. AmpleNickel4262

AmpleNickel4262 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 4 GB
    Unfortuanetly yes, I've tried DDU multiple times. No idea what's going on.

5. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    It's a bug lot of people with hdtv and projectors are struggling with it since 16.2 me included. I've tried everything but the problem is in the drivers. The only thing to do it's to report the issue to amd but I have already done this long time ago. Furthermore on some other forums amd representative have acknowledged the problem and stated that the are working on it few months ago.... well it has to be a very difficult bug to solve since they are working so long so hard on it :wanker: my fate is quite lost but I still hope they do something.

6. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
  7. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Alas i to have been afflicted with this here disease since the early days of Omega, oh woe is me...

Also sent a bug report way back when. Lost hope.

8. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    The problem i have is that since the latest version i CANNOT add 4k VSR.
    I can do upto 3440x1440 (21:9) but i can no longer add 1080p VSR resolutions.

They have definitely stopped it. CRU was working fine until i updated the drivers.

When initially adding 1080p resolutions via CRU, crimson would then advise that i can now activate VSR as it had 'detected' 1080p resolutions. But not now.

9. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Same issue here. I hate it... I've actually slowed down playing on PC because of this. I've been mainly playing my PS4. All the games I was playing on PC were older games that have bad AA options.

I've reported every month since 16.2s and nothing has been fixed.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I posted that this could be done a few hours before your post however I started a new thread on this matter, like we had a a couple of years ago on VSR on early GCN hardware.

I am at my limits based on my connection ( Accell DP to HDMI converter only does 300 Mz) however it was exceeded last night with a guy/gal I was working with on reddedit but they were DP to DP. Let me know if you want more info in http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=407934

3440x1440 is my max bandwithd at 55 refresh rate. Brings me to 296 Mz
    Hoping some of the other minds can come together here.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016