Windows 10 Build 14352

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, May 27, 2016.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352

Here’s what’s fixed for PC

• Feedback Hub should now be localized properly. If you install a different language, you will need to relaunch Feedback Hub to have it show in that language.
    • We fixed the issue with Intel HD Graphics 3000 or Intel HD Graphics 2000 GPUs causing rendering issues and instability with Microsoft Edge. If you mitigated this issue by using software rendering instead of GPU rendering, you can go back to GPU rendering.
    • Starting with this build, pinned tabs in Microsoft Edge should no longer get lost after updating to a new Insider Preview build.
    • We fixed an issue causing Surface Books to bugcheck (bluescreen) when using Windows Hello.
    • We fixed an issue that caused the Brightness Quick Action to appear missing.
    • This build includes fixes for Precision Touchpads. We have Improved reliability of using gestures to switch between virtual desktops. We also improved touchpad responsiveness for pans and two finger taps. We also fixed an issue where swiping on the touchpad might not wake the device once it was in Connected Standby state.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in maximized UWP apps slightly overlapping the taskbar if taskbar was positioned on top.
    • We fixed an issue in the Action Center where it wouldn’t show the hover state when moving your mouse over notifications if a notification had been expanded.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in missing icons in Action Center when using Light mode.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in “Restart Required” continuing to show in Action Center after restart has already occurred.
    • Increased hit target of X icon for notifications in Action Center, to make them easier to dismiss.
    • We fixed a timing issue where the Bluetooth Quick Action might appear (with state ON) for a device with no Bluetooth.
    • We fixed an issue where using Esc to exit a full screen video with Microsoft Edge maximized would result in the window becoming unmaximized.
    • We fixed an issue where playing mp4s from a network share in the Movies & TV app would sometimes show an “MF_E_UNSUPPORTED_BYTESTREAM_TYPE” error.
    • We fixed an issue that resulted in the volume mixer slider for system sounds getting reset to 100% after receiving a notification or altering master volume.
    • Update notifications to now deep link straight to Update History, rather than the Windows Update landing page in the Settings app.
    • Updated the Settings app so now the CTRL + E keyboard shortcut will set focus to the Settings search box.
    • We fixed an issue where theme settings were not roaming correctly to other PCs with the same Microsoft account.
    • Fixed an issue resulting in the All apps list in Start being blank for certain languages
    • We updated the Action Center icon to now hide unread notification count when the taskbar is using small icons, as there’s not enough space to display it.
    • Fixed an issue with Command Prompt where it wasn’t keeping the current line in view after resizing the window.
    • We fixed an issue that resulted in the User Account Control dialog sometimes appearing behind other windows instead of in the forefront.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in the Lock screen sometimes not showing the Caps lock warning when Caps lock was on.

Known issues for PC

• Previously installed extensions for Microsoft Edge may not work for around 15 minutes after your first sign-in. A work around for this is to manually re-install each extension from the Store.
    • In some cases, the new Cortana features highlighted above may not work. Restarting your PC should fix the issue and get the features working.
    • Using the keyboard to navigate in certain Store apps like Netflix or Tweetium does not work. You will need to use your mouse.

Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-14352/#C4h8qE8jyec72evv.99

ISOs (Credit:Lyraull MDL/Twitter)
    Code:
    http://pastebin.com/meRX14bP

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  2. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Sigh another build where the notification icon bug isn't fixed.

The icons can get messed up after an alt+tab from a fullscreen game. The only way for them to look ok again is by restarting each program.

[​IMG]

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just a heads up about the xbox one wireless controller. If you're using it with the adapter, you will need to update the firmware using the xbox accessories app (a separate download) with the help of a usb cable. If you do not and if you need the update, the controller will switch itself off in a second after the handshake.

Also, the battery level is in the accessories app's device info section. MS logic of having two apps.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My steam font looks weird.

[​IMG]

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Had that too. Sounds stupid but it works.. Close Steam. Reinstall the Arial font (yes even though it is already installed) and try Steam again. Think Steam even provides a zip somewhere with the Arial family just to fix this.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks guys, that fixed it! I used the esd to make an iso for this build an did an upgrade install and the same issue reappeared. I fixed it the same way. Since this is my first time with a live RS build, has this been common with redstone?

Also the photos app can't set wallpapers for some reason. It just says it can't set image as background and suggests to try another. It worked fine in the morning :S I reset the app in Settings and it made no difference. There is some fix on reddit using secpol but it didn't work for me.

My system sounds aren't playing either lol. All other sounds are fine. edit: sonic studio just needed to restart.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Probably a good idea to go with clean installs for these previews, especially if you've got weird bugs after an upgrade like those ones lol

I've upgraded my tablet to this build from TH2 > Preview Before this > This build, but haven't really played around with it much to see if there are any problems, apart from booting up today and the lock screen not giving me a keyboard to enter my PIN, had to use the accessibility setting to open a teeny tiny keyboard with 1mm squared keys lol

Then hit the desktop, and it hung with only a taskbar, and no icons, nothing responded apart from long pressing the start button, allowing me to reboot, and after a reboot it was fine

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you know of any setting to get rid of this warning? It's annoying. I thought it only shows up when opening files in downloads but it's showing up with any file that has "block" on it in properties. Never had this before redstone, even with a clean install.

[​IMG]

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It seems to be fixed now. I saw this site while googling. Instead of doing the cmd stuff, I just opened IE and set it to recommended settings. Who wudda thunk? :p As long as it works anyway lol.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hey, if it works, it works lol :D

AskVG is pretty good for hacks and tweaks, I've used his stuff over the years

WinAero is pretty good too, if it still causes problems, try their trick

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    As usual you're on the ball.. :)

14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    so apparently lastpass for edge has a build nobody else has because it changed its requirement to have build 14359

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Be careful with this build. I noticed some of my files on one drive became unreadable. Their size was correct but size on disk was 4KB. Scandisk didn't do anything. SMART was fine too. Booting back into 10586 made the files accessible again.

The preview build added another 450MB recovery partition. How to get rid of the redundant one?

16. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes! VERY CAREFUL with this one!
    this build is known to possibly corrupt data. EVEN on non-os drives/volumes!
    so dualbooting 7/8/10RTM wont help against it.

read it, because maybe you dont even notice until it is too late:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4lg2f9/build_14352_corrupts_files_please_check_your/

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Windows 10 Enterprise "S" - LTSB, X64, ISO, ENGLISH

Code:
    14352.1002.160522_1930.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_OEM_X64FRE_EN_US.ISO
    Code:
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/BKwM/97THoGsp4
    Code:
    NOTE: this original Microsoft partners ISO image.

Default License Type in ISO: OEM:NONSLP
    Product key: NK96Y-D9CD8-W44CQ-R8YTK-DYJWX

Product key to activate Windows 10, Version 1511 Enterprise S - LTSB
    Volume:GVLK Product Key: H76BG-QBNM7-73XY9-V6W2T-684BJ

install GVLK key
    slmgr.vbs -ipk H76BG-QBNM7-73XY9-V6W2T-684BJ
    Credit: WZor

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    At least I now know I wasn't alone in it. Thankfully no damage to the files.

You're a bot - confirmed. I just saw it on MDL! :p

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :D I saw it on MDL and grabbed it from WZor's twitter lol

20. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Just to let everyone know, I went back to win 8.1 for the time being as I been on win 10 for a long time now and wanted to see what differences it has made all together and yes win 10 still have lots of problems.

First I want to make people aware of certain old DX titles such as enclave(oldie but a goldie).

I ran that game @ 5k resolution, Hardware forced aa,etc, still looks awesome but man it runs very bad on win 10 x64(14342 build revision), both gpu's on my overclocked 690, ran like 22 fps(even with win 8.1 compatibility turned on), that's with both gpus usage being very high.

Tried with same quality settings on win 8.1, fps was like 4 times or greater in general, the difference was like light and day, could not compare, question to everyone that's trying on win 10, have anyone tried this with other older dx titles and see how they perform? I might do more testing on this, this is absolutely staggering to say at least.