GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 26, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Once more photo as spotted on the web, this is the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming. As you cans ee the design has been revamped a bit. It is absed on the newest WindForce 3X cooler. ...

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Photo

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Must..... Resist....

3. broke

broke Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    interesting design the middle fan is underneath the two on the edges i guess gigabyte wanted to make the card shorter and keep three fans

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    What are the betting odds on Gigabyte pulling a fast one again and using different RAM/other parts on retail models from their better performing review models? I've went through 3 970 G1s and they all used different RAM which was 1GHz more limited than review models with Samsung RAM.

I did contact them and their answer to me amounted to "because we can". Yeah, until someone files a class action lawsuit.

Last edited: May 27, 2016

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Class action lawsuit against what exactly?

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    good luck with that...
    how about taking 10s and reading the fine print?!

Product specifications and product appearance may differ from country to country. We recommend that you check with your local dealers for the specifications and appearance of the products available in your country. Colors of products may not be perfectly accurate due to variations caused by photographic variables and monitor settings so it may vary from images shown on this site. Although we endeavor to present the most accurate and comprehensive information at the time of publication, we reserve the right to make changes without prior notice.

but the only gpu maker that revises the cards after the reviews, is gigabyte.
    learned my lesson.
    no gigabyte stuff anymore.
    problem solved.

7. truongpham2411

truongpham2411 Guest

GPU:
    Kingmax / 4x 2GB
    We rarely read the fineprint because we decide to buy it after we read the review. So change the specification after review is unfair tactic. Goodbye Gigabyte

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ever heard of silicon lottery? No chip can guarantee specific high overclocks.

9. truongpham2411

truongpham2411 Guest

GPU:
    Kingmax / 4x 2GB
    I know this fact. We just ask the default clock of chip and mem is the same with reviewed ones.

10. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme

Actually ... if you look better in the middle .. there is a 4th fan .. a smaller one on top.

Should be WindForce 4 ! :)

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I really like the Gigabyte coolers but half the time I buy one of their products it's DOA :(
    Still a better track record than the one I have with Asus.

12. Aceje88

Aceje88 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 2x5870 4G
    Never heard of Gigabyte with newer revisions of mainboards lowering quality?

13. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    My 980 G1 is faster than my mates and overclocks like a beast. 1600/8000 under 70C. My friends card doesn't even like 1500/7800 and is unstable.

Most people buy G1 or similar because they are plug & play while being 10-20% factory overclocked for you already so you don't need to bother so much. Maybe OC it in the future when it's needed.

I have a lot of friends from gaming that are not like us, they like high end systems/gfx cards to play games on but they hardly know where the power button is and certainly wouldn't be overclocking anything.

Unless you buy a guaranteed one then unfortunately it is a lotto.

ASIC is not advertised nor is a lot of other things like memory type.

I've been asking for this info for a long time but etailers say it would cost too much to label every GPU/CPU individually. Some etailers will divulge that info but it'll cost you a high premium.