Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Keitosha, May 11, 2016.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I am so excited for this. October is too far away!!

[​IMG]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    £50! Think I'll wait for a sale or pick up a cheap key :D

Nice surprise however, I hadn't heard VI was being made.

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    This surprised me too, I hadn't even heard it was in production. They must have had a separate team working on Beyond Earth and Civ 6...? In any case I'm definitely looking forward to it. :cheers:

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The price is absolutely crazy considering how little seems to have changed from 5. And for that price you could pick up 5 and the 2 expansions and all the little bits and pieces.

Quite soon launch and not much to show in regards to gameplay (all the screenshots have had the UI removed except the hex grid in some).

I'm not instilled with confidence from beyond earth

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Visually speaking I'd say it was a step back, at least judging from the screens we have at hand. Couple that with a ridiculous price and you've the reason I'll be skipping this.

I'm not a graphics whore by any stretch of the imagination, but I generally hope that six years on the sequel of an expensive AAA game at the least looks a little better. Instead it looks like that F2P Clash of Clans bollocks for mobiles you see advertised all over the place.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I mean i've seen the visuals and how they've simplified textures (some seem to think this is to make it easier for a dual mobile release, maybe console) but that's really not what bothers me, i'm pretty happy playing 320x200 pixelized 2d games. I've noticed that the steam forum outrage and what i've seen so far is based on "omg kiddy gfx" as if that makes a fun game.

Mario games are designed for kids and have simplistic graphics, they're some of the best games around and have two of the highest rated games of the last generation.

I think we need to see more of the gameplay, what makes it better, how much is different. Right now we have like 5 bulletin points on what's changed.

And yet every time a civ seems to release, it's broken in some form, civ 4 had patches to extend the tech tree and to add stuff in, civ 5 had spy stuff missing on release and religion was lacking. All this came later in paid dlc. Surely they must know by now what the fans want, how about skipping the dlc gameplay patches and making it right the first time.

But the game is due out in 5 months now, got to be feature complete now and moved onto alpha and beta testing. What we see is mostly what we get.

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    As I said, I usually don't care about a games visuals (I still play CiV3 off and on even). In this case, where they're asking people to pay £50 for a AAA successor to their franchise, I expect at least minor improvements. Instead we literally have steps back when compared to the six year old Civ5. If this really is due to a mobile release, that's just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well, i guess they will deliver more improvements than other franchises like i.e. COD (from game to game)...:D

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmmm... support units attached to fighting units (finally more than 1 unit per tile) and multi tile cities (reminds me of Endless Legend) are interesting.

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I love stylized graphics, I think it looks great.
    If they add more RPG to their game like in Civ5 I am so down. Honestly Civ5 was the first Civ I actually really liked. I loved feeling like I was actually some historical leader, interacting with other players and AI. Micromanaging wasn't a chore.

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I am pretty interested in this, but I'll be watching a good bit of gameplay before release. Honestly, I bought Civ V on release and hated it. Left it until the beginning of 2014 and with all the patches and DLC, had hundreds of hours of enjoyment in SP and with some of my buddies.

Since 2010, the 4X scene has had a lot of great games and mechanics come around, so Civ VI will have to definitely be a good step up from V and BE to get me to buy it this year. Diplomacy, I feel, needs the most work with all other aspects needing more of a dynamic feel so that I can't just roll over most everything as Persia. I played so many games for about 300 turns just to be king and lord of the world and have the Congress in a stranglehold, just to abandon it because I'd been right there before so many times.

Civ VI needs more thought provoking aspects so I don't have so many turns of just pushing the "Next turn" button and knowing exactly what will come. The micromanaging and diplomacy need to be stable enough to make sense, but thought provoking enough to make sure you can't fall asleep and still win. As for the looks, I'm not a big fan of it. I did enjoy Civ Rev on X360, but just as a consolized version. Civ on PC I expect to be serious and as real as the history I am playing around with! I won't let the textures ruin it for me if the mechanics and gameplay are solid, but hopefully some awesome person will mod in realistic looking stuff.

Will be watching this game for sure.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Beyond Earth was a completely separate team from the main series (and it shows). I enjoyed BE but it had a kind of lifelessness to it.

I'm very excited for VI. The Civilization series is the destroyer of all free time in my life. My 4K setup will be complete by this release date too.

(I think I just drooled) :nerd:

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    This should be a legendary game.Lets not compare this TBS game with any cartoonish console game.
    Well the graphics have consolistic&simplistic design,indeed a step back.Maybe they change the graphic engine.

14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Hopefully its better than Beyond Earth.

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Most over-used music ever.

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
  17. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I do not like graphics from the screenshots.... but gonna judge later when see gameplay.

Other changes sound really interesting. Hopefully we get way more options for diplomacy. More proxy war options, coalitions, casus belli option etc.

18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Return of the Stack Of Doom? Lol sounds like they finally found a middle ground between the Stack Of Doom and support units that had to be surrounded by hardware because the tiles could only support one unit.

As for the game, yeah kinda in the same camp as a lot of folk, seems to have come out of no where, seems to be in late development, doesn't have ANY gameplay in the release trailer and the 'new' features sound more like what you would get from a decent sized expansion of Civ 5 rather than the primary components of a whole new game... then again the most important question, does Sean bean die at the end?

19. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
  20. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X