EA and DICE announce Battlefield as in World War I

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Bogeyx

Bogeyx Active Member

GPU:
    2070 RTX @ 2050Mhz
    looks very good, looks new. I'm in.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    More likes on the video in 1 hour than CoD:Infinite Warfare in 4 days

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I thought it might have been a 1918 remake because from the picture they released it was either Titans(2143) or Zepplins blowing up in the sky.

Some will be disappointed with WW1 while others will love it. No Parachutes? I know they where available to pilots in WW1 but most wouldn't wear one. The British didn't give them out because they believed pilots would not try to save a damaged plane and just jump.

Dead horses everywhere and fully destructible maps that will resemble the moon at the end of a round. Ever took cover behind a dead horse?

I was trying to remember which game it was where you stove peoples heads in with a shovel. DoD it was if i remember correctly. Good old days of running around with that satisfying thud of shovel on bonce.

I'll probably get it just like all the other BF games but whether i enjoy it or not is another matter. I think i'd really like them to do another Bad Company also, i really didn't think i'd enjoy BC2 but i seemed to have played it way more than i played BF3/4.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I was expecting a return to the futuristic, but I'll settle for WW1. The weapons lineup will be interesting given how horrible WW1 weapons were.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah I made the joke somewhere else but I am making it again, can hardly wait to pick weevils out of biscuits, darn my socks, fight off the rigours of trench foot, make coffee out of mud and spit before sticking pencils up my nose and boxers on my head and pretending to be mad all for those 42 seconds of dash across no mans' land before getting mown down by German Machine guns.....

ahhh can hardly wait.

7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I love the smell of Mustard Gas in the morning to go along with my coffee made from mud, feet bleeding and weapons weighting a ton all while having to do a PB on my next 100m sprint across no mans land. And people felt sorry for the horses.^^

8. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    Compared to Infinity Wards space warfare, this looks rather impressive.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I play Verdun from time to time, but this Battlefield I can support.
    Looks like total mayhem. I have seen WW2 artillery and warship there.
    Man in Knight's Armor holding an minigun.
    Horseman squad assault (peta alienation).

Only question is, if they properly simulate triplane/biplane speed and maneuverability. There are huge differences between speed vs. uplift/turn rate.

And maybe we can pilot highly explosive Zeppelins. (Or maybe not due to Helium, but those molecules are very small and have tendency to get through materials.)

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Which is why Dice Devs said all those nasty things on Twitter and said the internet would melt once people see what Battlefield is really like.

What he was really saying was "wow those Infinity Ward boys really know how to get new money from old rope". Which is exactly what the COD series is. Like a dairy farmer knows how much milk his 200 cows will supply him with daily. :)

I was hoping for the possibility of 64 vs 64 player which would be utter chaos in a WW1 game but don't know what would hold them back from such an increase.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    In so many ways can WWI be more interesting than WWII, it's the first world of its scale, the battle from so many culture and perspective.
    Old world vs 'new', possibilities are awesome.

12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    WMD's to deal with as well by the look of it too. Biological and chemical weapons were used a lot.

13. hapkiman

hapkiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    Cautiously optimistic about this one. Could be good, and there are so many opportunities for interesting combat (this was the war where the old things of war from the 1800s met with the newer tech of the early 1900's). Chemicals, tanks, and trench warfare. And so many guns!

Check out this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_infantry_weapons_of_World_War_I

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I am calling the Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr way op :)

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Oh hell freaking yeah!!! I swear to god I was thinking how almost all games are the same as of late and these guys just stole my idea haha, I am in for sure cannot wait to play this one!!!

16. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 (10GB)
    No. Tell us about it.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    As if Battlefield is really any better than the likes of CoD. They do pretty much the same thing.

18. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I called it and I gonna call it again, Cavalry gonna be OP.

19. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    DICE at least takes the time to make a darn impressive looking game, time and time again. DICE also adds air, sea, and land vehicles to the mix. DICE also adds 64 player MP. DICE also adds free content post launch. but yeah same game....:3eyes:

20. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    microsoft got the cheque book out again big xbox icon slap bang there at start b4 even ea and dice and if that was genuine gameplay it was never running on an xbox one hardware , on the bright side looks better than cod we got enough sci-fi shooters already so i think its wise choice ww1