Bethesda releases system requirements Doom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    What do you guys think, will the game be top of flop ? Bethesda releases the PC spec requirements for the game. Preloading starts at Mat 13th for the Windows platform...

Bethesda releases system requirements Doom

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Seems reasonable. Not that i trust system req. anymore.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Where's mat ? :)

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, I've had a look all the trailers and some screenshots for this game, and I think it's mainly an action-packed game, but it doesn't seem to have the atmosphere and scariness of Doom 3 so I think it's a different twist. Some people who played the beta said the shooting mechanics were dumbed down, but I think it could be a good game if you don't mind it not being scary & if it requires a good skill level.

5. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Mat is under mouse next to ketboard

6. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    I'm hoping the SP is good. I heard in one of the vids that you have to upgrade your guns to get through certain levels/difficulty. I really hope this doesn't involve large amounts of "time" like an RPG, this is Doom, not Diablo, or The Division. I think the time is right for a rather mindless, fun shooter, that one can walk away from, then return to, without being way behind everyone else's level/gear. That template is the reason I've been skipping games like, Battlefield, Battlefront, The Division, and so on.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Great looking trailer!
    At bit too open at times, but still has some Doom3 tight corridor flashes.

Its visual fidelity looks a lot better then ID5 engine, especially dynamic lighting/shadows and reflections/map parallax, model detail, etc

now I understand why The Evil within used DX11, they wanted dynamic lighting/shadows at ID5 :nerd:

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They wrapped a OGL engine using a DX11 renderer, wtf ware they thinking. I heard Evil Within was using both OGL and DX11, if thats even possible.

9. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    For AMD CPU recommendation, they should've just refer to it as "the most expensive retail unit on the market" and don't bother with specific models anymore. :D

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Who is saying that it wont have tense moments? Or jump scares?

For me Doom 3 deviated from what Doom was originally and went too much into the realm of horror/jump scares.

It had barely any open areas, and was just too dark and the whole flashlight thing made a lot of the game unplayable. Once you have seen one jump scare you have seen them all. It got boring real fast.

The original doom 1, 2, and final doom were all about shooting demons in corridors, and open areas, and about exploring the levels for hidden items, switches, and keys.

Doom 3 was the one that went into a different direction. I am seriously hyped for this new Doom as it looks to me like a good mix between open area shooting demons, exploration and a few scares here and there.

If I wanted to be scared I would play Outlast or Amnesia.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I mean difference between 8320 and 8350 is next to none while both of those CPU's are getting rekt by any i5. I dont even bother with system. req anymore.

12. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Arch-Vile at 0:28 and 0:51 ! Ah yes, they don't look so weak as in doom 3.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Well there's definitely something weird about it. For example if you inject ReShade using the setup tool it will insert an opengl32.dll file into game folder.

However the ReShade splash screen says "rendering using DX11".

So probably DX11 wrapper for OpenGL or some s*it. Great game though and actually not the only one I've seen do this with ReShade (I think Layers of Fear is another that does the exact same).

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    50 frickin GB :( I hope the keys go out days before release so we can keep it ready for launch night.

I remember when doom 3 came out, my 2 year old PC was the minimum requirements and I was a sad panda. This one has made certain parts of my old PC below requirements :p

15. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    A no-brainer - total FLOP!

Especially with a super-duper-mega long SP of a whole 13 HOURS for a mere 60$.

16. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't really remember Doom 1 & 2, even though I've played them both, Doom 3 made a bigger impact on me, maybe I'm more of a fan of games with horror in them. For me the flashlight mechanic you mention added to the scariness & difficulty. I'm pretty sure I'll still end up buying this latest Doom, but I'll probably buy it on sale, as it stands I've already got a fair few unplayed games I'm yet to get round to (Outlast is one of them!).

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  17. Tugrul_512bit

Tugrul_512bit Guest

GPU:
    msi_r7870hawk_asus_r7_240
    Is there a disable gore option?

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't believe there is, there was not one in the beta.

19. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I don't think you understand the point of Doom. XD

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why would anyone disable gore in Doom?