Review: EK P360 Performance Liquid Cooling Kit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the P360 Performance custom loop Liquid Cooling from EK, consisting out of all components needed to assemble and design your own liquid cooling loop. In this review we will build a performan...

Review: EK P360 Performance Liquid Cooling Kit

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Small custom loop that beats any AIO in HH's benchmarks. Not bad, also rather quiet in use. Sure it's not cheap, but the numbers speak for themselves (you can push 1.5v into it and still end up at the level of stock air cooling...).

3. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    So with the inverted chassis you have to use the rad as an intake? That's great for your cpu temps but won't it increase chassis temps and also gpu temps?

4. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Looks okay. Just Titan should get loop as well - thats the loudest point i guess.

5. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

How hard is it to add say 2x gpu blocks to the loop? A boat load of work? Wonder if its enough to handle say 2x 980ti's +cpu. I dont have much exp with custom water but am interested in it.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well for two 980TIs plus a CPU this won't be sufficient, maybe a start :) But the more blocks (three that way) you have, the stronger the pump should be (the included D5 pump is strong enough for that though, I'm running the same pump with a way more restrictive setup).

Also, you would need at least one fan (on a rad) per component to cool, the more the better also... so with that starting kit I think you won't be able to do that if you're not going for the 360 rad (3x120mm fan on there), or even adding a second rad + fans.

What I say is that you might not want to use that premixed cooling... I use destilled water with biocides (against algae) as well as a silver coil in there (for the same reason). I am avoiding premixed things as I've heard that old coolant can clog up your loop eventually. Also, changing the cooling in case you change your setup is easier when you just have to refill destilled water until you're full again, and adding a few single drops of biocide.

If you do that, include another rad and/or more blocks, you should also make sure to count all the fittings and parts you need, as well as probably getting some more tubing.

But in any way, if you plan to do a true custom water cooling loop, make a build thread, and be warned that it might cost some money there... especially if you're going for GPUs, which will need new blocks once you change them, etc....

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well i run 2x HD7970 ( 1100mhz) with an I7 4930k ( 6cores ) on a home made Ek kit without problem and i can OC both gpu's and the cpu without problem 24/24

But some pieces are a bit different: I allways use EK parts so every thing is from EK. ( EK supremacy for the CPU and EK full cover blocks for the gpu's)

- Radiator = EK-CoolStream XE 360. ( larger, more efficient than the PE version)
    - Pump is a D5 24V modified with EK top ( not a PWM one ) who should push a bit more pressure than the one on this kit.
    - Fans are scythe gentle, but i think the EK one should be way enough. ( similar performances )

Honestly i have use different setup on radiators in the past, ( 360+240mm, 360+360mm) this one have just replace them .

I could even just drop 3 fans more on it ( push and pull ) if really it become needed with a 3 gpu's.

No problem, even when the setup is running raytracing compute for several days in continue.

Now i find the result a bit high, i dont know if it is due to this 6700K or the setup. I will put the fans on Push mode ( more efficient that pull ), and check what plate is installed by default on the cpu block.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Think I will get some custom thing like this for GPU only sometime with big radiator.
    GPU is the only part that can get noisy and with good watercooler pc will be almost totally silent even in hardest GPU killers.

But then again, 300€+ for cooling GPU instead getting better gpu? hmmm...