Old infamous fc64.dll problem, inside please!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by A M D BugBear, May 2, 2016.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok going to make this short and sweet:

My Current system specs is to your left and also:

2 Samsung 840 Evo's(Raid 0/Main OS)
    2 Samsung 950 M.2's(Game Programs/Raid Stripe Mode in Dynamic mode)

Heres my error after launching the game through uplay(currently installed on the m.2's):

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FarCry4.exe
    Application Version: 0.1.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 552190c2
    Fault Module Name: FC64.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.1.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5521908b
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000000016a1
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4cfc
    Additional Information 2: 4cfca7fb71b616a38c88253f6b356a44
    Additional Information 3: 98c3
    Additional Information 4: 98c350d00578737521de4aadebc9403f

This is on win 8.1 x64 9600 rtm build(lol, I went back to win 8.1 as I havent been on it for a long time and wanted to see differences between this and win 10, believe it or not, I have better overall experience with 8.1, To much BS with win10, LOL, I'll go back to it later, probably when pascal comes out.)

Anyways, I also tried this on win 10 build 14316 and the most current one, all does NOT work.

Offline does not work as well.

I also learned that certain nvidia drivers are known to crash and advised to use a older nvidia drivers, mainly 359.06 or before for best results, it does NOT work(tried on win 10 x64 latest build revision).

I also deactivated msi afterburner program from the task menu, shut off anti-virus, it still does NOT work.

Now heres the funny part, the prior system I had before I build this one, I gave to my dad, tried that on that system with win 10 x64, build revision 14316, it worked instantly without no hiccups.

I did everything from removing the .dll and re-verify the game files, TWICE, still does not work.

Also tried to download the .dll, put it in my wowsys64 folder, tried to do the cmd, it failed to go through, tried putting that .dll within the bin folder of the game, it does NOT work.

The system I gave to my dad had the following specs:

16gb g.skill ddr4 ram
    intel I7 5820k @ 4.5ghz+
    2 samsung evo 840's(raid 0 configuration)
    Gtx 690 @ 1185mhz(core)
    Enermax Revolution 1020w
    Asus x99-a motherboard.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I think I might found the answer I been looking for and possible MANY others:

http://forums.ubi.com/archive/index.php/t-967229.html

Here, take a look at this site, and absolutely read very carefully on the bottom most post.

This explains why the game wont work.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    And I did just that.

Thank god this motherboard has the option to disable/enable certain amount of cores per socket, It only works in this cpu configuration:

The # indicate's # of cores per cpu:

7/7 = Works, 7/8 = works, 8/7 = works, And the one we all have been looking for:

8/8 = FAILS.

So apparently On dual socket configuration such as this, anything over 15 cores / 30 logical cores = it will "NOT", I repeat, will "!NOT!" work period.

Going to try this with assassin's creed unity as it does the same thing, game goes to ubisoft logo for not even a split second then shuts off, BRB on this as I am re-downloading the game on to the m.2 drives.

Good thing this mobo has the ability to shut off certain amount of cores per socket and shut off HT(Hyper threading), very good for testing purposes, and in this case, yes.

Originally I thought it could be due to my chipset itself, a server based chipset, C612 as opposed to the x99.

Whats freaking funny is this:

I can run FFXI(very old ps2 ported mmorpg game), MGSV: TPP, Lost planet 1(Capped @ 32 cores/has to do with wowsys64 as 32 bit games being installed on a 64bit environment as a direct result, cpu cores only can be used is 32, for more info on this, please go to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx & for more reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64)

Battlefield 4 works perfectly, and my other steam games works, so I was like wtf is this, farcry4 wont work?? Damn, thats just plain sad, despite having to do with the amount of cpu cores, I mean look at ffxi, look how old that game is, and it works perfectly, l [​IMG]. Still looks sharp @ 4/5K resolution with good amounts of AA.

UPDATE ON ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY:

I now can confirm 100% that it works now, just very recently tried to boot the game, Works good, I haven't went into the actual game, I only got so far as the main title screen, Before I couldn't even see a split second of the ubisoft logo during the initial booting of the game.

So there you have it folks, If you have a single socket based cpu thats over 7/8 and it won't function. try going into your motherboard bios and hopefully you have the option to disable/enable certain cores, try bringing the cores 8 first, if that don't work, then try 7, this should 100% work without any doubts.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    What you're surprised a rare as in not mainstream hardware configuration causes problems with some software that wasn't expecting it?You are one of a handful of people that I have personally heard of with that kind of set up.That's without Googling it of course as I'm sure there are way more than that.It's only in the last couple of years people have had more than 8 threads/cores in any numbers.Those older games run because they probably just ignore the extra cores.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

yeah, that part makes sense, being a very old game, it won't look for more cores, lol.

But still, battlefield 4 works? MGS: TPP Works?, Dying light? Even if 12 cores per socket is enabled but still, if its a 32bit based games under 64bit os, only 32 cores can be used, it has to do with wowsys64.