Intel Core i7 7700K Kaby lake makes an appearance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 2, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    And it's once again a quad-core processors clocked in the 3.60 GHz region with a TurboBoost frequency of 4.20 GHz. Kabi lake is the This 3rd generation processors that Intel fabs at 14nm. The desk...

Intel Core i7 7700K Kaby lake makes an appearance

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And again, 4 cores... if it's right and that 7700K is the LGA1151 top CPU, it won't make people happy who were waiting for 300$ 6 cores.

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    No, thanks.

4. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    what different than nvidia gpu naming ?
    first digit = generation ... 2nd digit = class/tier ... and last code model/type

------------------------------

now kabylake news popping out
    but on otherside there none new rumor/news for skylake-e (and it chipset)
    enthusiast platform is getting more late and later
    intel cpu line getting boring for me.. nothing exciting

current intel CPU its more like replace it when it died... rather than replace it in 1-2years for much better performance

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, still rocking the 6cores boogy boogy.

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    if it is like in 1150 the limit is hardware and despite hope you can do nothing... the 6 to 15 core were on 2011 only.

btw: there is always inexpensive CPU on entusiast platform when you see the difference of price with an high end normal platform and en entusiast one, it is not too expensive to go this way...

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    It's not like this wasn't expected. Anyone wanting more cores simply has to go x99

8. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    When people will realize that, more cores mean more complex programming, bugs, while 90% of software are single threaded....We need few powerful cores, not bunch of slower ones....two cores are enough...

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Sure... 90% of software are single threaded when you count all the software beginning from the 70's, right? But most of us aren't running such uber legacy software. I'm probably a worse programmer than 90% of the old-timers here, but I still prefer to make my simple programs use multithreading (even if it's just two threads since they are simple programs). It's no quantum physics anymore, you know.

A totally useless generation by Intel. But I guess they need to release something new to keep the market going, even if it's meaningless. They can't very well just make Skylake cheaper and lose profits, despite the fact that would be a much better option for everybody else but Intel.

I really, really hope AMD will succeed with Zen and kick Intel right in the nuts with it.

10. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    Clockspeeds seems to continue in the trusty 3+GHz range with turbo boost in the low 4's. Is there some type of architectural limitations for this "trend"?

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I wouldn't call this completely useless. I know people still rocking their 920s looking to upgrade to kabby lake.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    more power efficiency, barely any performance improvement besides igpu. Boring.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Zen needs to be good and come out as early as possible. Nobody gives a **** about advanced display interfaces on a 'K' CPU, Intel.

14. Ahroun

Ahroun Guest

GPU:
    amd hd3000 onboard
    Hello Everyone! If we can use motherboard with 4 slots for video cards, why there is no mb out there with 2 or 3 cpu slots?

Something like using two i5 or mix them i3+i5. This should solve the problem with cpu bottle?

I wish to everyone very good week.

Sorry for my poor english grammar.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Doesn't Kabylake/200 series support Optane? Which is like the biggest reason for getting it?

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    +1 ... happy with my 6700k. Temperature under 50 always and much, much lower power consumption for the performance. At 4.2Ghz out of the box I don't even feel the need to OC the damn thing :p

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Well, if they ever had released a 6-core cpu in Z-platforms, obviously that would had made X79 obsolete(or never existed anyway) and atm will had made X99 with only one cpu(5960x) available or again obsolete since noone whould had bought a 5820k if a 6-core Skylake was available at 1151 socket.

I'm sure many will get the point why no 6-core cpus in Z-platforms.

My guess is when X-platforms starts from 8/10/12-core cpus, then we will have up to 6-cores in Z ones.

18. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    256mb l4 cache. This is a tock processor. Should be the best gaming cpu to date.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am still refusing to move from a Sandy. This chip serves me well, stays cool, high overclocks, great performance. I'll probably never reach 4.8Ghz with any of the new CPU's that easy.

One day...

20. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Exactly, can't say how happy I am that I chose to invest 5 years ago heavily.Apart higher power consumption there is no need to upgrade yet.And it was the easiest of overclocks ever.Took me 5 minutes to push it to 4.8 :)