Hitman DX12 - work around FIX

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OnnA, May 2, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hitman DX12 support is broken for some but there’s a temp FIX !

Hitman was one of the first Triple A titles to launch with DirectX 12 right off the bat but unfortunately, it hasn’t been an easy road. I already faced some issues with the DirectX 12 version of Hitman while putting together our Performance Analysis last month but now, it seems the latest update for the game has caused the DX12 launcher to not work at all for quite a few people.

Hitman’s second episode launched this week and at first, some people were crashing on the intro screen, so IO Interactive put out a quick Hotfix through Steam. Unfortunately, this seems to have stopped the DX12 launcher working for some people. Attempting to load the game in DirectX 12 mode shows the game running in Steam and Task Manager but the window itself doesn’t appear.

However, DirectX 11 mode still works, so there is still the options to play for most people.
    There is a temporary work around for those wanting to launch the game in DX12 mode on Steam,
    all you need to do is:
    1. click on the game in your library,
    2. go to properties and then
    3. click ‘Set Launch Options’ and input the following command: -SKIP_LAUNCHER

This should help. :)

2. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    This will launch the game in DX11 that's why it "works", the DX12 exe itself is broken - not the launcher - it will appear on the task manager but the game will not start.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, just maby somebody will have antidote ;-)
    I don't own this Game (yet) so i can't look into it myself.

BTW lot's of ppl playing HM in DX12 NP.
    This is for ppl that have problem with DX12 HM.

4. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    Last edited: May 2, 2016

5. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I bought the game, and when it released I was having lot of issues with DX12, i mean it frezzes, framerate was bad, but since new update (Sapienza) they manage to almost fix it.

The Game now starts without issues, the frames are better on DirectX 12, (prox. 2/3fps but still :bang:) then DX11 so thats improvments, but then new weird stuff happend. When I try to Aim with my gun the textures goes missing.
    So that makes the game unplayable.
    So, the game if even little slower on DX11 (2/3fps nahhh) its more overall stable.
    So guys play on DX11, and wait for Update 3 (next episode) with will probably fix DX12.

6. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    This happens to me also, but after a minute or two game window appears and game launches itself as it should. Same happens when I exit the game, I see desktop but game in background is still running for half a minute. I can clearly see that because game changes monitor refresh rate from 120Hz to 60Hz and screen becomes darker because of blur reduction.

7. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I never had issues with Dx12, only got several crashes, it gave me a good boost over dx11. Dx12 made game playable for me with decent frames. Now it's not working, I hope they release patch in upcoming days. THERE IS NOT WORKAROUND FIX FOR DX12, you can only play with dx11!

8. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    UPDATE: You can launch Hitman in dx12 mode. Don't use launch settings, just run the game in dx12. The problem is, it takes ~12minutes to launch :bang:

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, you have to wait like 14 minutes, but i does come up eventually.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Thats LOL :bang:
    But afterall DX12 is a new MS puppi, so it takes time before it completely replace old DX11 (but DX11 will be some 4 time, we have to remember that there's no H/W with Full DX12 Support Yet ! )
    :bathit:

Yeah same thing was when DX10 and 11 started :3eyes:
    Even today we have >60% games with Old DX9 and OGL, what developers want? A large margin of H/W to run on.
    Maby Polaris will change the ball direction, with affordable DX11/12 FHD Ultra with AA cappable GPU's <299USD :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    IO Interactive has released a new patch for the PC version of HITMAN. According to the team, this patch fixes the DX12 crash issues that were introduced via its previous update.

“Today we released a minor game update that fixes an issue that was preventing players using DX12 from accessing the game.”

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    yay works :)