Hitman (2016) DirectX 12 Benchmark Review Updated

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This week Hitman was updated,Â*the second episode based in the Medeterranean setting of Sapienza. After the update you'll notice that radeon card work great with the latest AMD Radeon Software Crimso...

Hitman (2016) DirectX 12 Benchmark Review Updated

2. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    I have seen else where that they decided to see if DX12 in Hitman can handle extra cores and it seems the AMD FX can catch up with the Intel skylakes and their frames rates more than double compared to DX11 which is what i think these early DX12 games are really designed for... to remove CPU overhead.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Very impressive for AMD!
    I wonder if this is truly the future and the pinnacle of DX12 or.... the developers somehow neutered this game against NVIDIA.
    I have absolutely no interest in Hitman, considering the "packs" and upgrades they have done with the game. Why not just a full, single game release? Just trying to fleece everyone!

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    It's getting easier and easier to decide on getting amd for my next upgrade, seeing dx12 performance so far and taking into consideration nvidias' rapid performance decay.

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It's good to see AMD doing so well in DX12. It gives one hope for the future.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Shame that HH never did Quantum Break performance test, that would be interesting. Nevertheless on 5th may we'll have another dx12 game to benchmark.

7. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Hillbert thanks for the review update! DX12 numbers really hurts those with green cards...

Few more DX12 games like this one + soon Pascal release and used GPU's market soon will be flooded not just with 970 & 980 cards but also with 980Ti's.

Neither that I'm green or red fan, have both green and red cards way too many in my builds atm, but I really hope Pascal will bring something to the table to fight properly agains AMD GCN cards, NVidia definitely needs a kick in a butt to do something about their drivers. Also I'm so glad to see AMD is lately doing so well with latest Crimson drivers

Btw, finally I bite the bullet and few days ago on all of my rigs with green cards I've switched (DDU used, of course) from rock solid (R355) 356.04 Developer driver to latest (R364) 364.96 Hotfix driver, so far so good, not a single problem, a bit higher lowest fps in few games (kids did the test on their gaming rigs), max fps about the same as 356.04 Dev or a tiny bit higher and most important thing 364.96 Hotfix are also rock solid as 356.04 Dev. Can't complain about anything, hope it'll stay that way...

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, DX12 is proving to be a bit of a disappointment on NVIDIA hardware because, unlike previous versions of the API, DX12 offers little in the way of obvious performance improvements (in fact, framerates feel worst overall) and certainly nothing in the way of visual upgrades (in Rise of the Tomb Raider you actually lose the VXAO option in DX12!). Right now there seems to no real reason to even use DX12 if you have an NVIDIA card.

Oddly, NVIDIA seem to have remained very quiet about DX12 performance on their current Maxwell cards, possibly hoping that everyone will forget about them once the new cards have been released in June/July (or whenever). You would think that if they had a 'miracle' driver ready that significantly improved DX12 performance that they would be telling everyone about it. Seems they are more interested in new hardware than supporting 'older' ones.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That game does not support DX11 mode though so any benchmarks would have no basis for comparison like other games that have both DX11 and DX12 options.

10. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    lol r9 390x beating 980ti in dx12 that's sad. I'm leaning more towards AMD for my next upgrade but let's wait and see as without benchmarking pascal vs polaris we can't say

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t

Frame Pacing / Frametime - Multi GPU is NOT impressive by AMD.

Singlegpu is nice :)

Everyone know that one gpu, never is enough :p

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No improvement in DX12 vs DX11 for AMD though.. even a slight performance decrease.