Xiaomi Possibly Announcing smartphone with 6.4-inch screen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    That´s a ****ing tablet. :stewpid:

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  4. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Chinese manufacturer releasing 6plus inch phone seems to be a proper example of paradox.

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    You guys can laugh all you want. My 6.3" Samsung MEGA was an absolutely amazing phone-ish/Tablet-ish/Phablet-ish phone.

Only reason I sold it/changed it, it was because of getting a "faster/better" phone, performance/hardware wise(Sammy GNote 3).

If they had ever released a MEGA 2 I would probably had gotten it. Games, browsing and multimedia on that phone was an absolute dream! :thumbup:

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Bendphone 2.0

But on technical side of things. Why does it has 4x A53 cores which are low power efficient and only 2x A72 high performance (less efficient) cores?

It looks like hexa-core on paper, but I would prefer 2x A53 + 4x A72. As low power mode does not require 4cores, but would prefer to have performance when I need it.

+ there is A57.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  7. evolucion888

evolucion888 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    But the Nexus 6 had a 5.96 screen and the Galaxy Mega had a 6.3 inch screen, also there is a Blue phone that has a 7 inches screen.

8. ryana

ryana Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    Since when is the largest smart phone 5.7" inches? I'm posting this from a huawei 7.0" inch media pad honor x2 phone right now. And it doesn't have any bend issues FYI. I'd love a north american version of this phone if it was available.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm still waiting for any of these 6"+ phones to actually be available in Canada for a price that's less than left nut. Companies like Xiaomi don't really even do business in the west from what I've read in order to avoid all the stupid patent wars and just turn a profit elsewhere where the laws regarding electronics are somehow less insane.

The low priced products aren't available, and even if I wanted the high priced stuff they're exclusive to certain carriers. What a world.

10. qqryq

qqryq Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGeForceGTX970 OC
    [​IMG]
    That gigantomania in cellurar phone industry is crazy...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    They just keep getting bigger, lol...

12. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Well tastes/needs are different for each person. That's why we have so many choices Laptops/Notebooks from 10-20", phone's fron 4-6.4"(7" are a bit too much imo), TV's from 12-100", cars small and big and the list goes on and on.

Everyone can say 4-5" phones are too small and the same goes for them to say anything above 5" is just too big.

Of course you don't carry most of the above on you but I'm sure most will get what I mean. :thumbup:

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    My 5 inch Mi 2S is perfect size for me, anything bigger is just a paddle. Even if i am a 2 meters big person, with large hands. Apple needs to make small phones, so every manufacturer will jump on the bandwagon again.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I think 5.5-5.7" is the perfect size for a "big" phone. 6.4" is ridiculous.

I recently bought a 6" POSH phone (because it was on Prime sale for 1/3 price, $50) and it's just too big as a phone, really. It's also too small to be a replacement for my 7" tablet, which I already sold. I may sell the thing because I'm finding it's useless for me. I already have an Honor 5X (5.5")

15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Personally I don't get the want to get these big screens on phone. It's just impractical to carry around this huge phone. I have 4.6" and it is more than enough for me.

16. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Lumia 1520 6" owner here.
    Yes, it is a bit uncomfortable when making on ear calls, but for everything else (>90% of thing "I" do with it) it's good.
    Smartphones are not just for making calls, and sometimes a bigger screen is a plus.

17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    These days and age, I would guess most/many people use the phone for multimedia purposes than calling. And that's where a "bigger" screen comes to play.

Or its might just be me that does it. :p

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Not even Apple are that much of a hype machine. Their own fanatic fanbase begged them for years to produce a bigger phone. Apple are crapping out a smaller phone, the SE, which has a baby 4 inch screen. No other company wants to go back to 4 inch phones.

I'd use a 6.5" or larger screen if it has a very slim bezel and a good quality screen. There's a reason why no one would use a tablet as a phone, 15%+ of the surface area is bezel.

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Why go 6.4" when you can get this adorable 2.4" smartphone?

[​IMG]

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Because that's a tiny woman with freakishly small hands holding that phone. I'm not a large person and my thumb can cover that screen.