Outlook on Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by milamber, Apr 22, 2016.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    My sister's Hotmail/Outlook email has stopped working on her S4. I think it might be because we changed the password recently using my PC. Where are the settings for the Outlook App on the S4? A screenshot would be nice, too, because I've never used an Android phone and can't see her in person to find it myself.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It'll be under the actual phone settings, my S5 is here under General > Accounts

[​IMG]

Then access the Outlook account from inside there, click on the account name, then the menu, and finally Remove Account

Might actually ask you to enter the new password once you click on the account, mine didn't need changing so only had the remove account option

Either way, remove account, > open outlook again, set it back up with the new password

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Thanks.

4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Didn't work. Throwing up an error. Yet I can set my sister's email up on my iPhone and get it working in under 2 minutes.

I had to set it up on the "email" app instead but my sister said after 5 days it stops retreiving older emails which is too limited because she keeps important emails that she needs to look at again at a later date. Maybe there's a setting for that.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    She needs to just download the Outlook app for Android.

6. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    The Outlook app wasn't syncing her emails. I reinstalled it and now it won't login to her account at all. Her account works fine on my iphone and PC.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The Outlook app on Android is rather odd in how it works. There are 2 tabs labeled "Focused" and "Other". Some mail will go under "Focused" and other mail will end up under "Other". It takes a bit of getting used to. She needs to check under both tabs. If she doesn't have those 2 tabs, she's using the old Outlook app and needs to download the new one.