Official Samung Galaxy S7 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by DeathAngel74, Mar 13, 2016.

1. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/galaxy-s7-features-and-specs/?cid=ppc-

Say hello to the new Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge!
    [​IMG]

Features:
    Gear VR powered by oculus
    Water resistant
    Expandable memory up to 200GB
    Low light 12MP camera
    Fast wireless charging (charging pad sold separately)
    Marshmallow OS Android 6.0
    Samsung pay
    Battery:
    Galaxy S7 edge: 3600 mAh
    Galaxy S7: 3000 mAh
    Quad-core (2.15GHz + 1.6GHz)

Galaxy S7
    [​IMG]
    5.1 inch display

Galaxy S7 edge
    [​IMG]
    5.5 inch display, dual edge

Just traded in my Galaxy S6 for this bada$$ phone!
    [​IMG]
    Mine is the Verizon variant
    SMG930VZKA
    G930VVRU1APB1

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Congrats DeathAngel74 on your new purchase. Let us know how the battery life is...

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    YEY i got this masterpiece in Wednesday to replace my perfect Note 5, i must say that at low light, despite camera app bugs, it KILLS the note 5.

i took same pictures at same spots, and the difference is stunning, even at day even though it's 12MP, it kinda show more accurate colours and at times more details, though Note 5 camera remains the second best after this.

4. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Cost me $57 (tax on the full price of the phone) to upgrade. The case and VR Gear were free. The Zagg tempered glass screen protector was $50. Not bad for $107 :p

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    can't beat that forever!!! i sold mine Note 5 for 400$ and paid 300$ with VR free, worth it the battery is awesome and well as the killer cam.

6. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Weird and strange...Verizon dropped CDMA and switched to LTE/GSM/UTMS. I noticed the HD Voice/Calling and Wifi Calling features. VoLTE was available for the S6, but Wifi Calling was a T-Mobile feature until now. /shrug, lol

7. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Theme store seems better!
    [​IMG]

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I love my S7E, although I sometimes accidentally touch the edges. Special things happen when I do that lol.

Hopefully I will get my GearVR soon. That might be my new crack. It would be so awesome if Sword Art Online will be realised. :nerd:

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    My S7 edge arrived last Tuesday and so far I love it!

10. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    When you sign in on the bundled OneDrive app you'll get an additional 100GB extra for 2 years. This also applies for Windows 10 (Mobile). My pc and L550 now sees a total of 130GB.

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I have heard nothing but goodness from my friends h=that have the S7... I borrowed a mates SGVR for a few days on my s6, and I was blown away... a wee taste of the future!!

You all know how much of a Samsung fanboy I am, so congrats on everyone getting in on the Sammy action!!... just a year before I can upgrade to the S8!!!..lol

12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    What happened to the Note 6???

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Somehow this S7E corrupts every picture when copied to my SD card. It was fine on the internal memory, got corrupted when moving it to my SD card. Gallery shows grey icons. I've read that it is a common problem with the S5. Never had that problem with the Note 3. Other pictures I've made before (storage set to SD card) are starting to get corrupt as well. Lucky for me I already made a backup of those.

Using a Samsung 128GB pro+ card and it also happens with another SD cards. I tried 3 different ones, a 64GB and 32GB one.

When I go to the SD card path where the pics are saved in Windows explorer it shows the thumbnails correctly, but after copying it corrupts. What gives?

EDIT:
    Just tried the 128GB card in my Note 3, no problems.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  14. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    August i believe

15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Not yet, waiting first for the first OTA after Korean variant got huge number of fixes, 3D games performance is the worst i've seen due to 6.0.1 bug that applies to ALL sammy devices.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So tempting to buy new hardware (S7 Edge) but my regular S6 remains the best phone I've had in a very long time. Plus it's best to wait a little bit until things have been fixed (first OTA update).

Still waiting for Marshmallow though :( I think the whole world except Nordic countries have received the update.

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Adaptable storage can be enabled on S7(E) with a little help from ADB: http://www.modaco.com/news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

Just did this using a replacement 64GB card and it seems to work fine. In the process of fully formatting my 128GB card and using that one later. The app Root Essentials shows the same tutorial.

EDIT:
    I've been playing around with adaptable storage and tbh, it doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make 1 magical partition (lets say 32GB+128GB=160GB) where everything goes.

The phone still sees internal storage (32GB) and SD card (128GB) and I still have to export from internal to SD card by migrate data via the SD card menu. Basically the same thing moving apps to SD. Lucky for me I can revert back since it also shows "Format as portable storage".

I don't think adaptable storage is what we want it to be. Too bad Nexus owners can't test it since they don't have microSD slots.

18. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    you can just flash an official firmware with Odin, it wont void any warranty or trip Knox..

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Turns out my so called Samsung 128GB card is a counterfeit. Only an 8GB chip is inside. I had my doubts since is was showing 124GB capacity. That didn't sound right lol. Returning it. Bought from a renown company in the NL (Bol.com). Shame on them.

Back to my good old 64GB card

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What official firmware when there is none? :)

Plus flashing is super difficult. Last time I tried this was with a friends S3 which was bricked. There were like 100 different ROMs to choose from and so many different options in Odin. The guides I found were all several pages long. End result = fail.