Windows 10 High GPU temperature and usage

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by lukos124, Feb 13, 2016.

1. lukos124

lukos124 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270 2GB
    Hello. Yesterday I bought my new PC. I installed Windows 10 and all drivers. When I'm surfing on the internet or doing something on my desktop everything is ok but when I start to play some games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive or Battlefield 4 my GPU goes crazy. GPU temperatures reaches 89°C and GPU usage is something about 99%. This graphic card is my only old component. On my old PC I didn't have this problem on Windows 7. What can I do with this temperature and usage?
    My GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270
    Version of drivers: Crimson Edition 16.1.1
    CPU: I5 6600K
    MOBO: ASUS PRO GAMEING Z170
    PSU: SilentiumPC Deus G1 500w

2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    sounds like the gpu fan is running to slow. Go into the amd menu and turn the speed up to 70-100% and see if that helps. Some of the crimson drivers have known fan bug where the fan stays at 20% even after the card hits high temps....so that it really. i set mine while playing bf4 to run at 100% fan speed....cause i use headset anyway....if 100% drives you crazy...try 70% as its usually tolerable

3. lukos124

lukos124 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 270 2GB
    My gpu fan is on normal speed, 40% on desktop and 80% in game.

4. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    you might want to do a visual/ feel check as well.....i had a 7970 one time that one of the fans would quite spinning....it had 2 so it was one of those things you had to really look to see cause that would explain whats happening perfectly....win10 does not make you card hotter than win7 lol