ROCCAT KAVE XTD 5.1 Digital problem

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by hevenik, Feb 12, 2016.

1. hevenik

hevenik New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 770 4Gb
    Hello all

Few days ago I bought Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Digital gaming USB headset and I have a problem.
    After first connecting and installing the drivers downloaded from Roccat website, everything worked as it should. After connecting the set to another USB port headphones do not hear the Bass and not feel the vibration. (previously they were very strong and clear) I've tried everything from reinstalling drivers and software, by changing USB ports, check the settings in the control panel and the software included with the headphones. I also tried to manually install the drivers from the other system versions (windows 8.1, 8, 7) and I checked the drivers included on CD packed with the headphones.
    When I first install the headset and drivers I had options to select stereo, 3.1, 5.1 and 7.1 audio channel on speakers configuration screen, now I can only select Stereo and 5.1 surround. Moreover I had few more extra options like flexbass in headset properties - Effects, now they gone and I have no idea how to make it work again. When I install Windows generic drivers for the headset I can hear bass and vibrations when I set it right but the Roccat control panel doesn't work in that way so extra features like bluetooth pairing are not available.

My spec: Win 10
    Asus x58 motherboard P6T Deluxe ver 2
    Intel Core i7-920
    Nvidia GTX 770
    Thanks for any help :)

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have a set of those and have had no issues at all. I don't know what it might be as all you need to do is plug it in to a usb port, load drivers and away you go. Maybe try running CCleaner and reloading drivers? I'm on Win. 7, but it could well be that Win. 10 is the problem. Try uninstalling drivers, clean all files, reboot and reinstall etc. Good luck buddy. Goat1 may respond here and have an idea.

3. hevenik

hevenik New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 770 4Gb
    Yes, I tried ccleaner and drivers reinstall many times. I'm sitting on this third day :(
    One of the Reddit user tell me that he had the same problem. Here is his post from Reddit:

So it looks like there is something with the Roccat drivers.
    Today I find Sirus AP for Wind 10 drivers and after install everything work like intended. All effects in Effect tab are back even the flexbass. Only the bluetooth doesn't work. I can pair it with my phone but I don't hear anything during the conversation. I wonder if I can fix it somehow or do something to make the original roccat drivers work.

I will be very grateful if somebody helps me to solve my problem

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Did you check to make sure the onboard audio is disabled in the bios? There should only be two selections in Windows settings for stereo and 5.1. There is no 3.1 or 7.1 settings with these headphones. Stereo or 5.1 should be the only selections.

5. hevenik

hevenik New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 770 4Gb
    Yes, I am 100% sure it is disabled in the BIOS :)

6. paulflint

paulflint Guest

GPU:
    980GTX
    Make sure the Roccat headset is plugged in to USB 3.0

I had exactly the same symptoms as you
    It was plugged into a USB 2.0 socket.
    I put it into a blue USB 3.0 socket and all configuration options became available and worked correctly.