There is an Physiological difference between PC and Console gamer. (My experience)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mr.Bigtime, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Well , iam no Expert of this issue. i just talked about this in this forum gaming section (PC) , in different titles.

Especially those Coop games s my topic. Maybe a specific game? HELLDIVERS.

Helldivers is first out on PS4 then PC. i played it for months and it was FUN experience. many players , no issues.

Then on PC. Ohh the PC..master PC. Those Elitists . since the day 1, COOp is pain on PC. The the problem is not the platform .the people. They keep kicking for sht reasons on PC. HELLDIVERS is a FUN game which u keep accidentally die or kill each other. that is what makes game itself FUN. but well, elitists are so MASTER and ANGRY.

On the other hand, the PS4 people r so calm, having FUN. even on chat we speak laugh to hard etc. Yesterday i started my PS4 after a while and Run the game again. oh look. fcking many people to play. maybe HELLDIVERS is on PSN PLUS FREE so many people to play? still. played it. and same happens but nobody kicks, drops or hates or swears. again laugh so hard.

So what makes PC players hateful and Console players chillfull(<-- no such word i know)

PC people r taking things so serious i guess. not? Cant generalise thing indeed. with such experience etc. if u want to make a research u must have control groups over same basics . The thing iam talking is so random. this is not a social experiment but my own experience.

Playing Borderlands 1 on PS3 . was FUN. on PC. people swear, drop etc. DARK SOULS 2 . PC and PS4. same. no-one to play properly and they keep DROp if u suck a bit or make a mistake. but on PS4 people keep playing and people seems to ME, PLAYING FOR FUN.

So i say;

PC----------> PLAY TO WIN
    CONSOLE--> PLAY TO FUN

Thats my point. damn wasted my work minutes to this. and wasted urs too. thank :)

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You're looking for the PC elite when playing Helldivers, Borderlands and Dark Souls? Not really where I'd look for them. :D
    You should try to take a look at some really multiplayer orientated games, games and systems that have been around long before consoles were coop capable besides split screening / hotseating. Those people usually aren't as raging as me ;)

Then again, maybe it's because consoleros are sitting on their comfy couch whereas PC gamers usually sit on a desk?

What most annoys me is other people's stupidity and the lack of them knowing how to play two year old games and four year old maps with FPS games. Go back to play COD mp kids, some games are team based, and most people don't know how to play real coop / team orientated multiplayer anyway. It's not the game itself, it's that usually in many situations coop destroys one of the people's fun. Haven't even been interested in coop since the first tries because of that.

3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    When you play on PC, you aren't bitching and whining but are trying to have fun as intended by the game studio (probably). If there's you, there are also others alike. It doesn't take a majority to ruin the experience, just a few. However, you have to realise that for those people whom you regard are overly serious troublemakers, that's their fun. Gaming is entertainment and different things entertain different people. Some are entertained by complaining and having someone else kicked from the server. It's pretty hard to fit these two groups together.

I only play online with a bunch of friends. After countless hours and years, the only thing that has ever annoyed any of us are the bugs in games.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    My experience on all platforms is the same. Either there are bitching and whining people or there ain't. It does not matter which platform you will have asshats. It's only few tho not the majority but yeah it will affect the game.

Most of the time even in games like league of legends you get games where there ain't asshats but only remember the ones with asshats.

And then again it comes down to demographics and if the games online somehow is limited to certain areas. I've been playing online more on pc and it has been mostly pleasant.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    We must remember tho that some that don't know the four year old maps might have played the game for 1 hour ;)

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not when you're playing 32-player teams and besides me and two to four friends there's little understatement of playing the maps / games. That would be more like 5/6 of people playing the game for their first hour :D

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Well I do remember I was doing awesome in BF serious and been kicked by admin because of i am so awesome. Yes it was. No cheat. O breaking rule. Just being good makes them kick u.

This is why I love match making where no personal sht is intended.
    Of course as a gamer I expect good results from my team USA just a game. Just days ago on pc helldivers some dude kept saying sorry. I said Comon just game. Have fun why so serious anyway.

True part is BF like team games are different than hot seat coop games. Good point.