Final fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    :):):):):):)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    R u Fcking kidding me.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this is not the final fantasy series i grew up loving, what i see it FF is having identity crisis now,

Is it hack n slash? is it stealth? is it FPS, I dont see as RPG that for sure let me know when they bring back the gameplay that made it what it was till then even if it was 5$ i wont buying anymore FF games

4. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    As someone who invested a lot of playtime in the earlier games up to 10 through the years this holds zero interest for me as it looks now, none, nada, zip. It's quite clearly Final Fantasy in name only.

Identity crisis? It's gone from being a respectable bloke to a full on foaming at the mouth raving tranny that's well and truly broken the door and the whole closet and is roaming the woodland as we speak looking to convert other would be cucks to the cause.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Best discription of FF series ever, Time for an acutal "final" fantasy game to save there asses from the fire? like the Original FF game was born

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Looks awful.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, im glad (not a in a gloating way) that im not the only one who thinks this looks.....how many years has this title been in development?

While i think that after the whole FF13 trip, there really is nothing that will ever get me back into the series and this entry certainly doesnt change that.

Awful character design, the same sort that Japanese anime seem to be obsessed with now - generic school uniform suit on lanky long haired moody cry baby. Mind numbing action combat, that dematerializing move in that video looks straight ripped out of the Deadpool game. Boring dialog, zero atmosphere, generic soundtrack.

8. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Wow. What the hell is this ****?
    It looks like a bad attempt at combining Metal Gear Solid, a MMO, a hack 'n' slash, a FPS and a RPG! Even the UI and combat system is completely different from FF. The UI looks like something from 10 years ago. Simplistic, shiny and modern looking.
    Nothing is wrong with trying to deviate and evolve; trying to change the style and meta of the game but... this is just a mess.
    Obviously, in hope of increasing the sales and marketing, they simply slapped the Final Fantasy title on this game.

I truly have fears for the Final Fantasy 7 "remake". It was disappointing to see just the little shown changes they teased us with the trailer and I expect the end version will be terror inducing.:wanker::puke2:

9. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The hodgepodge gaming styles being forced into one here just looks like a giant mess.

Well...I'm still looking forward to the FFIX Steam release.

10. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    well my first final fantasy was FF7 i played it around 1997 and also played ALOT of others FF's, and in my opinion its not a "different" combat system that makes a bad/good FF but the story itself.

That said this combat system seems OK and refreshing as long its at least a bit intuitive, and the game story ofc would be awesome.

If the combat system remained the same turn base without anything new it would be labeled as a recycled system but if its new its labeled as a disgrace for this franchise, jezz ppl are never satisfied no matter what.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what you consider COD or pretty much every FPS/shooter out there recycled gameplay?? if they change how your shooter played would you not be pissed?

SQE is turning RPG series into a series that barely resembled and RPG . it also general agreed FF series has gone down the toilet by most it fans since X.

Turn base can be done in faster pace.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  12. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Well true, but not all RPGs need to look the same, just look at mass effect (yes mass effect) or witcher or dragon age / etc
    Specially mass effect, an RPG that first glance doesnt look AT ALL like an rpg but IT IS and does it more perfectly than most rpgs out there. In my opinion ofc.

I wouldnt be mad if the combat system was similar to FF13/FF13-2/lightning returns for example, or even the old FF6 i just dont like slughish combat systems SPECIALLY in competittive games.
    In the vids it seems OK, and its single player so should be fine but tbh i wont know until i play it.

And yes i consider pretty much every FPS outhere boring, with some exceptions but in the end that comes down to personal preferences.
    I love beat'em'ups and some people say they are too similar to each other (i wont even mention the street fighters clones)

COD for me its like a street fighter clone, with the difference i just dont like FPS's in general.

I will at least try this FF15, if it sux well too bad, but i dont think so tbh, at least my first impression its positive.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Maybe not, but you generally expect them to have RPG elements. The newer Final Fantasy games simply do not, they're closer to interactive movies than they are an RPG. There were aspects of XIII's story which I liked, but for the most part it was a horribly poor game with an awful combat system and little to no RP elements.

The two sequels differed a little, but the fact we received two sequels to a bad game wasn't endearing to begin with. Don't even get me started on the "Lightning" fetish, an average and uninteresting character pumped to hell and back. The best Final Fantasy of last generation was Type 0, a spin off title that wasn't fantastic either.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont like "RPG'S" that play like hack n slash, to me RPG will aways be turnbased or similar.

I got FF13 simply cause it FF and i loved the series it depsite seeing how it played and not liking it *have not liked single FF since X, and even after 20+ hours playing I Still cant stomach my battle system, the gameplay or armor/weapon system. and to this day refuse to try finish it, I wont get FF simply cause if FF anymore or cause it "looks" really nice.

SQE need to remeber what made FF great and go back to what made it great, and stop trying to making in to something it is not.

15. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    oh well, lets wait and see if its worth it, they should at least release a PC version (there are strong rumours around it!)

I dont want to buy a ps4 ! =D

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As someone who invested alot of time in earlier (7 & 8)Final Fantasy games before giving in and accepting that i thought they were junk, i am also slightly confused by this game.

It doesn't look like it will attract new fans or old gamers so unsure where it will fit in.

Who knows, but i think a low budget Final Fantasy game with last gen graphics but old school gameplay would bring in more of a profit than a hack and slash game with a big budget.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it would just like Bravely default proved they never expected it to sell they way it did

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Played the demo and instantly deleted it they have official turned FF into hack n slash game with horrible dumb down hack n slash mechanics at that.

I bought FF13 simply cause it FF game know full well I would not like the gameplay from all the videos I saw, I Will not do that again nor will I buy another FF game till SQE can show they remember what make FF a FF game.

And if FF7 remake use this same battle system, I will be even more pissed, which what I think is happening.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've said it a few times, but if Squeenix wanted to push FF into a real time combat series, they could have done so as long as they kept other elements. For some reason they keep releasing new and awful iterations of real time or semi-real time combat. I said prior they could have pulled it off mainly because they also own the rights for Star Ocean. The Star Ocean series is a fantastic JRPG series in general, and one of the stand out features is the incredibly well done real time combat. They could have implemented a similar system into FF and I genuinely believe most would have been fine with it. It makes no sense to me, they've an amazing real time battle system that they ignore in favour of continued and random unpopular attempts.