Anyone use a capture card and play on PC?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 30, 2015.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Just got me a capture card and decided to test some consoles on PC.
    Have tried PS2/PS3 and WIIU so far.

I didnt get the PS2 to work yet due to resolution restrictions. i hope i will be able to get it working though. Maybe its locked i dunno. I found out my memory card 1 slot is broken so i ordered a new one, luckely only $3,50, so will have to wait and see later.

From what ive seen the PS3 and WII-U look amazing. I found out i can even use the capture card in MPC-HC and thus using filters like sharpening and sweetfx, which is pretty badass. Colors look amazing also. I was also able to stream with geforce experience. (tried youtube 1080p 60fps). I wanted to see if the shaders on/off would make a difference and it did.

I also tried SVP , it does work, however it introduces input lagg which is a big shame though. It would be awesome to play Play PS3 games in 60FPS :D
    Also i cant enable the function for hdmi on my old tv. (does work for normal Tv broadcast).

Tommorow i will hook up my PS4 and play some bloodborne and see how big of a difference it is.
    So far im impressed.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    What capture card are you using? They're kind of rare these days.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I did years ago using a x1900gt, worked allright.

Totally redundant now with a tv and or emulation.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im using ********* live gamer extreme, its one where you connect it to the usb 3 port.
    lol a.v.r.media is blocked

I totally disagree. i have superiour quality on my pc and the ability to add filters which i dont have on a tv. i also cant emulate ps3, wii u or ps4 + the fact that emulation has many bugs still for ps2 and wii games.
    Bugs are just immersion breakers for me.

The good thing also is i can stream it to twitch or youtube without any problem.

It was more of a experiment to me, but it turned out really well tbh.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070