PC never gets louder than 25DB. Always had loud PC's... LOL

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by nexxusting, Dec 19, 2015.

1. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    25DB is so quiet its crazy.... In my basement I cant hear the PC at all. That's how it should be with everything water cooled.

Super stoked to game with a quiet PC. Always, ALWAYS owned loud ass PC's that I always made rationalizations for like "Loud = Fast", etc. I will never have a PC that is anything but barely audible after this experience.

Furthermore.... I lowered my Furious Vardar 120's down to 40% and they still push almost as much air. Temps went up 1c... 2c on load. Ridiculous. I also replaced my Corsair H110i GT's 2 fans with Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1500RPM PWM fans and at with both at 1500RPM they are extremely quiet. I have them a bit less than that but even full bore.... wow. I've heard things about Noctua fans being efficient and quiet... obviously true at least for the most part.

Quite happy gentlemen. Quite happy!

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa.... uhhh hmm, that's all I can think of... lol.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya, I've been that way a while now. I still tolerate the GPU spinning up loud when gaming, but I wear headphones for that. Any thing else I expect relative peace and quiet.

I remember a PC I had way back that used small 60mm fans to cool the CPU heatsink, it was really the best for its time, but it sounded like a jet all the time. I would never tolerate something like that now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Had the same experience when I went from my Intel stock cooler to the Aidos, night and day.

Don't even hear the 970 at all.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, it's one of the biggest benefits from upgrading. Only my 780 with the blower fan makes noise. Can't wait to get something quieter :D

5. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Ya, I love my extremely quiet PC.

Fractal Design Define R5 with 2 front fan, 2 bottom fan, 1 cpu fan... All Phanteks F140XP with the silent profile in the bios. They are all running @ like 600rpm.

Power Supply fan doesnt turn on until I reach over 400W, so with my PC... Thats not gonna happen.

My EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ 2.0 rarely spins, due to the bottom fans bringing in a lot of air to the video card by themselves.

Loudest part of my pc is my HDD. Seagate 5900rpm. I am buying a 1TB SSD soon to replace it.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Still envy my parents as I game them my old trusty LGA 774 Qzad8200 system, undervolted, inaudible... still the most sound optimised system I had, resting in a Fractal Design Define R4 with a quiet Noctua CPU cooler and 600rpm fans... <3

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    My rig is pretty quiet with its 5 fans (2 intake, 1 exhaust, 2 part of the h110 rad.) and 3 fans on my R9 290 Tri-X card.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Congrats op, I know that feeling.

I'm crazy sensitive to noise and always tried to make my systems as quiet as possible, usually without the desired results.

Recently though I invested in the predator 360 from EK and threw it on my CPU and GPU.. what a huge difference. Keeps things reasonable temps but the noise is so much lower than anything else I've used.

I only have the 3x 120mm Vardar fans on the rad itself, and then 2x 140mm noctua redux up top to exhaust (not including the fan on my psu, which stays off most of the time)

even though its positioned a couple feet away from me up on my desk behind my display, its pretty damn quiet.

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I actually regret getting quieter parts sometimes, I mean my pc used to sound like a jet but now I want to pull my hair out every time windows spins up my hdd for no reason, when I started gaming I never though I would find hdds to be noisy, other than that air cooled gpus tend to be the hardest thing to keep quiet under load, vsync helps a lot though