Quadro 354.56 WHQL + inf modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Dec 9, 2015.

1. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
  2. Pav

Pav Guest

GPU:
    ocz 8gb 1600c9
    Quadro AKA - the ultimate IQ driver - anyone tried these to see if IQ has improved over last set? :spam3: :rock: :eyebrows:

3. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    For some it may be placebo effect but i do see some iq improvement ;).They also contain alot less crap compared to geforce drivers but they also have side effects sometimes.

Thx maur0 for sharing.

4. side effects like what ? does this work flawlessly with a normal gtx 670 factory oced ??

5. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Certain side effects sometimes like less stable with gpu overclocks compared to regular geforce drivers.Yes you can use them for your GTX 670 if maur0 properly changed the dipslay inf, wich by the way is not very hard there is a good guide here on the forum.

6. alright cool thanks for the info :) i might try them out within the next days :D

7. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I tried them yesterday but weren't very sastisfying better stay on 359.06 or 359.12. ;)

8. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

Doen the same. I turned back to 353.62 though. Feels/looks best for some undefined reason.

9. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    GIBF4 your nick reminds me from a closed down forum long ago 3Dacc.net.I wonder if you are the same guy he got the same nick as you: good for in back F4 (phantom) ;)

10. hm.. i'm on 356.04 because ever other driver was horrible :( i'm on win7x64 so that may be the reason why the dev driver 356.04 so far is the best one in half a year xD

11. I have been toying with an idea of upgrading to a dev driver 356.04. How is it performing overall in games such as bf4? Is there fps increase? Because lately nv drivers have not been in my gpu`s taste.

I am on an old April 2015 driver atm.

12. uhm i don't own bf4 so i can't comment on this but i do own witcher 3, gta5, pcars, fallout 4 and most other games aswell.

in my opinion in terms of performance its not the best driver out there, BUT overall its the best because its the smoothest one. in some games it performs slightely better, in others slightely worse then those newer whql drivers.

in gta5 it performs identical to other drivers from my tests, in witcher 3 it performs a bit better then those whql drivers. in pcars it performs noticably worse (i get drops to around 3 fps lower then with those whql drivers.. those whql never drop below 27/28fps (ofc i'm testing it on extreme conditions in a storm ingame and at night and on one of the most demanding tracks) but my dev driver drops to 25fps for a second or two. in fallout 4 it performs identical performancewise.

but don't be fooled by the performance itself now because besides that! the driver is smoother then any other i've tried this entire year. in fallout 4 it was much smoother and only with this driver it was possible to make it buttersmooth for me (which means elimination every stutter and microstutter possible xD). in withcer 3 it was also much smoother with much less microstutter. got this only very rarely and that was due to the engine afaik. gta5 is also supersmooth with this one.. haven't tested any other games besides those because those are my monitoring games (and actually a few of the most demanding games possible).

overall i'm not 100% happy with the dev driver but its the best driver for me since the gta5 driver (350.12 if i remember correctly)

13. Thank you for feedback. Appreciated.

Will give them a try asap. You convinced me.

14. your welcome, on thing though. thats all regarding win7x64 !! i don't know how they behave on other systems but for me on win7x64 they were the best ones so far. i still hope nvidia will finally bring a good driver again that is bugfree, smooth and performs well because we haven't had this since at least half a year now :( i might even say that the last really good driver was one of the 34x series.. 347 branch or whatever it was (actually don't remember it in detail anymore)

15. Yep, thanks; running 7 here.

This driver is fairly new(September 2015), the odds of next polished release in the next few weeks is fairly low. But there is still a good chance for a surprise, undoubtedly. ;)

16. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Excellent IQ nothing like the geforce drivers

17. hehe i agree :)

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    COD:BO3 will complain that these are old drivers. No other problems so far.

19. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    My IQ went up by 30 from this driver.

20. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Testing these now, so far, so good.... IQ seems to be better indeed, also the random stuttering when watching videos is gone...