Upgrade path advice

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by akirru, Dec 5, 2015.

1. akirru

akirru Guest

GPU:
    8 Gig Corsair
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on a monitor upgrade. I'd like to get something that will last me a while.

My current specs:
    2500k sandy
    R9 280x
    8 gig ram
    Samsung 22" monitor 1080p

I think I should probably stay with 1080p for now due to my graphics card. I'm just not sure though... I'm leaning more to 27" as I don't think 24" will be a big enough upgrade.

The major draw in terms of what I want from a a monitor is size and probably refresh rate. I'd like at least 120Hz (probably 144) as I play a lot of FPS. One of the games I play on a regular basis is CS GO. The BenQ screens look very nice!

I wont be watching movies on the screen. Just working and gaming. Its office related work.

Can anyone give any advice?

Andrew

2. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    My previous monitor was an Iiyama Prolite G2773HS (27" / 120hz / 1080p) and it was great for 3 years. 120hz was in my experience plenty although mostly they seem to come in at 144hz nowadays but the 1080p resolution I never found as bad as people (this forum included) make out. Yeah it's not going to be as sharp as a 22" 1080p screen or a 27" 1440p but it still looked great with some nice AA options applied.

I would say this though if you think about getting a 1080p screen at that size today is that I'd seriously have a think about when you're swapping your GPU (if you are of course) as personally I'd be looking at atleast a 1440p 27" screen to last me the next few years. It's not the be all and end all if you go 1080p but just think about it.

But as for screen size itself...27"+ is the way to go :D