[Worklog] Energy Com-Table

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by LKrieger, Nov 30, 2015.

1. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Today I ‘am proud to introduce you to my first long time project!

[​IMG]

Foreword
    Some months I’m planning and fiddle in the project. After the purchase of my new couch i searched a solution for removing my server, which I used as a streaming/multimedia pc for my TV, away off my TV cabinet. I haven’t purchased a table for my living room until yet. So there was my idea. There are Pcs build in computer tables. Why not a water-cooled PC in a table for my living room!? With the taught to remove the big pc before the television, the first planning was done.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After my first drawing in Sketchup with real dimensions, I taught my dad (carpenter) carefully, that he would have soon not much time for others. For that you have to know that he is an expert with bigger wooden projects like tables and beds… After a great round of discussing and an always friendly willingness of my dad for supporting me with my mad ideas, we are able to start. He is building the table with the recesses and I would do like always the details like electronics, hardware and the mounts. At this point the hardware and electronics was been ordered.
    [​IMG]
    I found out that i need much patience and stamina for this project. But this work was a welcome distraction to my study time and my job.
    After some weeks of building on the ground plate I decided to release this project online. With that i wrote my first lines for my long time project. I hope you to arouse enthusiasm for my mad ideas and wish you some fun now!

The real idea
    Now I have the task to insert my complete server into a custom table and this very clean. For that I had some ideas which I could not all implement until yet. Since there was some drawing with right dimensions I could successfully install all components of my water-cooled PC into my table. Resolutions for air circulation and water on the table were found really fast. Later in the worklog I will introduce you into the whole electronics and lightning settings which were to extensively at this point.
    A great idea with Shelter-glass I must unfortunately drop. Shelter-glass is electrically adjustably. This glass could be nearly transparent or white. It was planned as glass plate for this table. If the pc were out the glass is non-transparent and so the table looks very normal. If you start the pc the glass should turn to transparent that you could look into the hardware parts. But the extremely heavy price of this glass let drop my idea!

Some Specs
    The Hardware of this project is a trivial matter in comparison to my big pc. In this project its important to build a quiet multimedia computer with some fine look and with much adjustable electronics and lightning. For that I used the hardware from my old server.
    Mainboard: EVGA Z68 SLI
    Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K
    Ram: 4x 4GB G.SkiLL DDR3 1333MhZ
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 560 Ti Ds
    Speicher: 120GB SSD System / Quickbay with some TB of HDDs for pictures and films
    ODD: Samsung Blu-Ray Rom
    PSU: EVGA 750 Watt P2
    Later were ordered countless parts for the water-cooling, for the controlling of the water-cooling, for the lightning and especially for the electronic - For designing the project nice and clean.

I hope to woken up some interest for someone. In some days I start with the first postings.

2. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
  3. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Vor now here is a pictureupdate to see the actually status:). Until yet there was nothing important to see. I maked some final measurements and here you will see some parts, which i prepared so far...

This is the groundplate. All the components will fit on this and it will be possible to take the whole plate with the hardwareparts out of the table (for a hardware change or something). And there is my "old" Cougar PSU which i used for measuring and fiddle the right distance out. The two wooden constructions are some early birds of the holder for the reservoirs.

[​IMG]

This will be the holders (dont worry about the diffrent colored woods - it will be painted...).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some thermal compounds

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Some place for the PCIe-slots :chainsaw2: and some stabilising for the expansion cards.

(Is it possible to bring these two posts together - to much images...)

4. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My workshop is sunken in chaos :bat:

[​IMG]

The inner area of the table will be in anthrazit so the rest will be in blue. Pity! I could'nt order sleeve from nils, because he does not ship this time :3eyes:. So i have to order at GosumodZ. I'am sorry i could'nt wait anymore :cry:

[​IMG]

Actually status and there is a table missing for my new couch ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is the wooden workshop at my dad. He was pretty quick until yet :rock:and so the housing makes big steps. We talked about some cut outs for some hardware parts like ODD, radiator, aquaero and so on...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Greetings LK

5. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    This Week some fineness and lightning.

The Setup will be blue - so...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some lanterns This will be a big surprise in the post up next.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Watercooling the RAM

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    It was a long time ago since my last update. The Christmas days ago - i was ill. There was a aggressive bronchitis which set me out of order. Now i could start again...

Strolling trough the DIY i found these pretty tiny cover nuts.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The following planning results in an modular reservior ligthning. The controllable high results in a nice watereffect, which i explain in the far future.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For all those delicate work i need a better lightning in my workshop, too. So there were 12 x 20W High-Power LED units attached for an indirectly lightning for my countertop. The LEDs are powered with only a few percent of power. They produce a great bright clear white (not warm or cool).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The lantern thing will explained next time.

Greetings LK

7. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Guys here is the Tower Lightning. That was a ton of work with all those wooden elements and the cables and soldering of each tower. The Towers got two functions. For Illuminating the inner Table (maintenance mode) and as effect. For now everything is set up on a testing groundplate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greetings LK

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  8. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    It's going forward!

Let's do some painting!

Prime...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The paint...

[​IMG]

Assembly...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Greeting LK

9. LKrieger

LKrieger Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X (P)
    Unfortunately iam sorry for not posting here anymore for the status. But I can after 4 years of building say the table is now completely done. I wanted to show you the final table with a produced video.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Greetings LK

insp1re2600 likes this.