eyefinity without display port and working..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sajibjoarder, Nov 30, 2015.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    yesterday when i was discussing and the crimson driver issues i found that there is a guy suing eyefinity setup without using a display port or a dp to dvi/hdmi active converter... last year i made this setup with three 1080p display.. but i couldn't create eyefinity display group without using a active dp to dvi converter. cause it was mandatory to connect one display with display port. else i needed a SAPPHIRE FleX card. since my cards are SAPPHIRE try x cards i didnt have that support ). today i tried it and wow it worked like a miracle now i have connected three monitors using dvi, dvi and hdmi connectors.. and if its possible then why didnt they do it b4?? :banana:

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Afaik it's been possible since the R9 series, iirc, I had mine running from 2 x DVI & 1 x HDMI on the R9 290

3. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i tried last year my level best to do it.. it didnt work at all. i was using a dvi to dp active converter... now its working like a charm