Dual GPU AMD Radeon R9 Fury X2 In Circulation ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmmm. 2x Fury with 375W. Single Fury 250W power draw. I guess the clocks will be pretty throttled.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    wonder if nvidia will strike with dual 980, aka 990 or just wait till pascal comes.

4. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Given how long the 980 and Titan X have been around without a hint of a dual gpu card, and the debacle that was the overpriced paperweight Titan Z, I doubt we'll see an nVidia 990 this generation

5. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Would love to be Johan Andersson - in such a position of power that he can more or less not give a **** about any NDA from AMD and get away with it - anyone else wouldn't be given pre-release hardware and be let say so much.

6. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Fury might be the only interesting modern GPU atm, but it sitting on that old fabrication node is just ... so extremely offputting. AMD should not bother making this absurd monstrosity, it's not a seller. Nor is it really a crown-taker, because popular opinion on the Fury is already that it sucks, because it was only about as good as the 980, overall, and the closed loop cooling, with the quiet and low temperatures side-effect, wasn't seen as being worth the extra cost by consumers.

We need something new. Something that's acutally new, not just another old chip in a new package like we're seeing from both chipmakers these days. It's tiresome and dull.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wasn't the AIO / closed loop cooling on the Fury X only? Or did I miss it, because I thought Furies (without the X) only come with air cooling, except a single model which has an extra price tag on it anyway.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think since Pascal announcement many will probably sit on the fence...

9. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Yeah, this. I doubt too that Nvidia are going to bother, especially since they said we're getting Pascal in Q1 2016.
    The 700 series didn't have a dual-gpu card either. Maybe they dropped the idea altogether since let's face it, not a lot of people buy these. They get popular 1-2 years after release because of the cheap prices (think 295x2).

And ofc fanboys like crapping themselves on how they have an x-year-old card that is up to par with today's cards. Except they're 2 GPUs lol.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Oh dear :/

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
  12. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    OMFG, why they let a woman hold that card!!!... omfg, omfg... :uhoh: she's gonna drop it... she's gonna scratch it with her nails... hope she grounded herself before touching that card...she's gonna fvuckup something for sure :paranoid: OMG, OMG, calm down, calm down... :D

13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Such a small card with dual GPUs.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Meh, I'm more interested on the new generation next year. I wouldn't be surprised if nvidia has something like this ready just for the lulz, still, I would rather have 2xFuryX or 2x980Ti than a downclocked dual-gpu card any day.

15. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    when they get their scaling/performance right on their hardware with proper drivers this might be something to look forward to.

Have not seen to many times lately where AMD has been coming out on top with stellar performance in multi GPU setups.

16. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Where are you getting this information? Crossfire scaling is superior is SLI. XDMA would be one reason. Isn't Nvidia still using archaic cables to connect them? A simple google search of "amd vs sli scaling" refutes your claims.

17. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Wow, what a stupid comment.

The Woman of who you speak is Lisa T. Su pal. CEO of AMD.

18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Relax dude, that comment was just for the sake of fun, why taking it so seriously :D You're new here, aren't you? ;)

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Scaling is better but SLI tends to have better frame-pacing.

20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    technicaly yes i agree (on the same way that the AMD gpu are really great and inovative (HBM))...
    but they are more dependent from their driver, and those driver are ... not so great :) .

this is why in general SLI is more usable, with lot less issue (quote that i haven't said "none") driver and the ability to define SLI profile where there is not.

as on track, an archaic 80's race car with no electronic can fly around an brand new audi with top engine... it's always due to Driver ;)

the drivers is for sure the cause of the 5 point in favor of NVidia in the sale of GPU