The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Fender178, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    GOG.com is having a 50% sale on The Witcher 3. I was wondering if the game is worth a purchase?

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    My opinion is incredibly biased, but matches the general consent: Yeah, its great and worth a purchase.

Now, why am I biased. I've read all the books, and replayed the first and second witcher game too many times to count. But having that experience certainly did improve the 3rd game for me - Since the game is created on the basis that you're familiar with the world and characters. Would be the same as starting Mass Effect 3 without having tried the first two.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes man, its an epic story that needs to be told. Worth every penny.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I own the first 2 games and I will complete those before playing the 3rd game because of being new to the series. I have played other games that had sequels that are built around the lore and characters of the first game in a series.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yes most def OP.

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    In that case, I wholly recommend the game ( and the series as a whole ). It truly is one of the most enjoyable RPGs I've ever played.

I will recommend bookmarking these links though, they helped me a bunch :nerd: :

A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide (By Nvidia)

7. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Tempting. Ive finished the First one but haven't really played the Second one much yet.

8. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I also own the first two games and never completed them.

The first game is still a buggy mess with, for today's standards, pretty poor graphics and the controls are god awful. Good luck getting past the opening area.

The second game is MUCH better, great story, nice graphics, but the game is linear with small paths off to the sides but it is NOT an open world game. Still I never really finished it as I just got bored.

Now we come to the third game, to me THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!!!! In every single regard, I read up about the story and lore of the first two games so I didn't go into the third completely out of the loop.

However, the third game has such a rich, detailed, breathtaking world, and extremely well developed characters with a lot of history and backstory I just couldn't stop playing.

Currently at around 30hours for the main story with a few side missions now I am moving onto the DLC but I still have TONS left over in the massive maps of the world and I also have started New Game+ too with my level 33 character which should make the game more challenging as first time around I found it pretty easy.

Just remember when ever you see a beehive... burn it with igni, collect it, and take that stuff to herbalists... YOU WILL BE RICH MY FRIEND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MONEY AGAIN! ;)

10. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Nah.. probably not. It is only Game of the Year 2015 for me. It also got my vote for best SP DLC of the decade. 250 hours and still going....

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    Hard to say if it's worth it, I like it very much (so far) but I have not finished it yet...
    Only played it for 66 hours according to GOG Galaxy.

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    That was probably the best use of that gif ever, well done.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yes... definitely... one of the best games I've played in a long while!

15. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    It worked. Just bought it.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Same here.

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I paid full price and actually would have paid more if the option was there. At 50% off its practically giving that game away.

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I highly suggest after you install, go over to nexusmods/witcher3, and take a quick look at the top listed mods for it.

Lots of really helpful things there that allow you to have the best possible experience with a truly once in a generation game.

19. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    This. A thousand times this.

I own 322 games in steam and it's my most played game on there, with over 220 hours.

The game is a masterpiece.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    :cool:

I bought all Witcher games in physical copies (collector's editions, except 1, only have the enhanced edition there) at full price and re-bought them on steam as well, for accessibility sake. That's how much I love this franchise. :banana: