Crimson Driver No Icon Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by FinalKenpachi, Nov 25, 2015.

1. FinalKenpachi

FinalKenpachi Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Trixx
    Hello all.

Yesterday, i uninstalled my old Catalyst Driver for install new Crimson Driver. Everything works fine driver installed suscefully and there is no error or something like that. I restarted my pc 3-4 times for testing and still no problem.

Anyway i turnoff my computer then i sleep. Today morning when i turn on my computer, when my desktop coming, screen going crazy line, after that going black screen.
    I tryed to open in safe mode then i uninstalled my O.C program Sapphire Trixx but nothing changed. Then i uninstalled Crimson Driver and now my computer open without black screen.
    Anyway i clean everthing about AMD, i used DDU, amdcleanuputility, and CCleaner also i manualy delete files name like AMD.
    Then i re-download Crimson Driver 224mb size. And reinstall. Everything installed without error and it's ask me restart computer. After restarted my computer, i realized there is no AMD icon on my Right Click menu. I go to folder location and trying to open "AMD Radeon Setting" "cnext.exe". I clicked that exe and nothing happend. Also i saw AMD Driver in "Device Maneger"

I need help to fix this. If anyone know the answer, please share with me. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. FinalKenpachi

FinalKenpachi Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Trixx
    Looks like i found a problem.

The new driver Crimson doesn't work with o.c programs. I tried Sapphire Trixx and MSI Afterburner. Both program works fine before driver Catalyst. But doesn't work with new Crimson driver.

And uninstalling the o.c programs doesn't fix this problem. You have to uninstall AMD driver. And reinstall. Or you need to create system restore point before install o.c programs.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    MSI AB need to be updated,because Crimson use new dll library. ;)

Dude you have sooo many programs who run in background.(especially bugged Java)
    Disabled to make games run smooth. :)

4. FinalKenpachi

FinalKenpachi Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Trixx
    Thanks for the answer. I'm using AMD Overdrive now and i can make overclock with this. It doesn't save my options but for now only this way i can use.

The Java is disabled. Devre Disi means=Disabled and Etkin means = Enabled. And i tested enabled programs game performance, they doesn't make a different. :)

5. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Guys, there is something else going on here... I am using MSI AB for a loooong time & continued to use it after installing the new crimson driver without issue whatsoever :3eyes:

My OC profile was auto implemented after booting the system/driver for the first time & like I said, I have had absolutely no AB issues at all... FYI : Win10 x64 (Threshold 2)... Asus R9 390 @ 1070/1580 via MSI AB (final)...

Hope you figure it out though bro as the improvements with this crimson driver, although small are indeed a sign that things may be about to get rosy for the red team ;)

Stay breezy n be lucky :cheers:

Peace :thumbup:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015