Just Cause 3 - Official PC Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Avalanche has revealed the 'new' official PC requirements for Just Cause 3. The team recommends a GTX780 (instead of a GTX760) and a R9 290 (instead of a R9 280X)....

Just Cause 3 - Official PC Requirements

2. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    i5-2500k as the minimum specs?!
    I remember the times when my CPU was good enough for almost everything.
    2011 seems so far......time flies.....

3. TOOOSKI

TOOOSKI Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 Msi 4Gb
    Is not too much...

4. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    If these are honest recommended specs than I can definitly live with that.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So, we have Great Optimised Title -> Read AMD Game Evolved :)
    Also notice in Ubi R6 Siedge have only: HBAO+ and TAA (Physics is from HavoK)
    Uff, will be Great Optimised also !

6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    So the day the game gets announced as an nVidia "Gameworks" Title, is the same day they release the "NEW" requirements which are much beefier in comparison to what they were... Well there goes another game I am not buying anymore.

7. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    I take the min/recommended specs with a pinch of salt

whilst I would not advocate or promote downloading of copyright infringed titles - I could see how one might be tempted to download such a title to see if their system runs it before purchasing said title for many £££

;-)

I should also add that I am supremely confident of my i5-2500K / GTX 770 4GB system being able to cope with max settings @ 1080p

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  8. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    As can I..... I say bring it on! The previous ones were so much fun and properly optimized I'm hoping for big things with this IP.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Don't think too much of it - the GPUs they're expecting a lot out of GPUs too. Seems they're expecting a pretty beefy system.

@TOOOSKI
    Yes.... it is too much. Just because you can run it that doesn't mean everyone else can. JC2's specs were pretty reasonable for its time.

10. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Avalanche did a phenomenal job with optimizations and porting with Mad Max so I trust them to bring home the goods here ... Really need to upgrade this old 670 though, don't like the look of it being on the minimum recommended section.

11. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Wow, my 660ti is below (on par with) min specs. We'll see how it works in practice. It's a game I'm looking forward to anyway.

12. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Just cause 2 at release ran like a pig even with a good config and years after it still did if you tried to max all settings, it was one of the 1st games to use ssao and that realistic water thing, from nvidia ? if I remember correctly

Having experienced that, I will "wait and see" (before recommending it to my friends..if it doesn't run on a gt980 sli :banana:)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So an i5-2400 is to slow and yet a Phenom II 1075T is good?.....Yea Right.

14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Avalanche has great coders, but the people they have in charge of this stuff doesn´t have a clue. Something they have in common with most companies out there.

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Games release with "subpar" graphics and some elitist gamers get upset. Games release with elitist requirements and other people feel shafted.

Playable depends upon what you're willing to sacrifice. I was stuck using a C2D e8400/gtx260 for 5 years until January 2014. I know those high requirement woes. Year 4 and 5 were brutal.

PC tech (especially gaming gear) has to be some of the worst investments there are (maybe 2nd to high end cell phones). The diminishing returns and ultimate worthlessness of it all is astounding. It's fun though. :nerd: