Do the Guru3D Guru's workout/stay fit?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by CalculuS, Nov 22, 2015.

?

Do you workout/go to the gym?

1. Yes I workout on a daily/near daily basis.

38.9%
  2. Yes I workout on a weekly basis.

29.6%
  3. Only sometimes (social occasions etc..)

7.4%
  4. No I don't workout at all.

24.1%
  1. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Kinda interesting to see since a lot of people seem to think doing anything with tech means you're either very unfit/healthy.

2. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Even though I work for an IT company I get enough exercise. Climbing church towers, installing switches and servers on large ships (carrying the stuff onboard etc). IT guy doesn't equal nerd :p

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Used to hit the gym and work out....seems likes ages ago.Now my body aches and feel old and weak.
    Gotta start a recovery work out...i don't care anymore about gaining mass and another things i've been into,just want healthy body and stamina.
    Working in IT just eats you from inside...first the brain,then the rest of the body.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It depends on what area of I.T/Tech you work really, desk jobs in general tend to be the worst for maintaining fitness.

Mind you, there's a few office buildings I know of that have had showers fitted over the past few years. Makes cycling to work or taking a run during lunch more viable.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just started weight training again, I go through phases of really getting back into it, start seeing decent gains, then for no reason, get completely bored of it and stop for a few months

Bought in my Gold Standard 100% Whey, few other supplements, vitamins etc, dusted off the old bench-press and dumbbells, getting my diet back on track again

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Nope, cycle once in a while, used to cycle every day to work, like, 30 or so mile a week.

Have more money now, can afford bus.

7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I didn't vote since my accident has me in a wheelchair, working out isn't an option. Before all of that though I worked physically demanding jobs and was quite fit, even if I did computer work/repairs as a side job and hobby for years.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Does regular sex count as exercise? :)

Seriously, aside from the odd walk I don't do much else. Too tired from work and daily traffic...

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Been using Canditos 6 week cycle and seen great progress in my compounds.

Avg 5x a week.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I do some yoga and pull-ups, push-ups, etc at home. Other than that nothing of note for years now. Come to think of it even these exercises have been too rare in the past months. Need to be more consistent, because that sitting in front of screens all day is kinda bad…

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    And nerd does not equal unfit :p I go to the gym 4 times a week and daily walks on top of that and home exercise.

I have more energy to sit and think in front of the damn thing all day long when I exercise. I notice instantly if I don't just blergh.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Story of my life, around 19 years old i was so into it, i got over worked out and couldn't stop.

Then after a while i couldn't see it anymore, and left it, then year by year i work out on weekly basis but just for health, not gaining mass of muscular.

My belief is true and wierd to people, we gonna die anyway and all of this workout will not carry on to the next world, so why bother? just workout as minimum as u can to ensure u not gonna be a big fat baloon.

13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wish the days of the nerds being unfit were back. You know what? Working out while being a nerd only makes you a hipster. :D

14. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I wake day up every weekday at 6.30 eat breakfast do 30 minutes workout outside in any weather execpt hail ;).Some weightlifting pushups and situps daily routine is 150 or 200situps a day and around 140 pushups.In weekends i rest and have ferocious workouts with girlf-friend.Just keeping myself in shape nothing extraordinary.

15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've been working out for the last 8 months, 5-6 times a week at the gym, at 45 years old now I think I am doing really well.

Working out is one of those things that I do for years and then stop for a while and then do it again, it is quite funny when you go back and realize how weak you are compared to how strong you thought you were.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    5 mile jog every morning, rain or snow.

1 hour of strength training every weekday.

half hour of stretching and routine small works out throughout the day(lunges, squats, arm raises, etc etc)

Same routine. :D

Wake up, jog, get home, eat avocado, take shower, get dressed, go to work, come home, get gym clothes on, go to gym, come home again.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Enough to stay reasonable muscled and reasonable "unfat".

Weighed 106KG several years ago, lost 24 KG, now occasionally when I see the weight go up on the scale I cut back my feeding a bit until it's back in check :p

I also have my own weights, so instead of going to the gym, I do some simple excerices to keep my strenght half decent.

18. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Thats a lot of push ups but really unless you're going for durable smaller muscles its quite a useless effort.

I did this before and was kinda mad that I didn't see results after doing 70 push ups every day combined with other exercises.

Only thing I achieved is being able to hold myself longer at a pull up bar.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    OH I used to be bad for eating utter rubbish but earlier in the year some blood results rung the hard hitting bell. At that point I cut my salt intake by a massive amount, cut out ALL fast food (haven't been near a McDonalds or similar place for nearly 8 months), cut down general snacking rubbish (crisps, biscuits, etc) and replaced them with fruit bags and unsalted nuts. I also opted to start doing some actual free time exercise. My job keeps me on my feet all day and is pretty labour intensive, probably the only reason I didn't put on a lot more weight.

Anyway started using my bike again, nothing to much just a bit of light exercise, anyway the result is nearly a stone lost in weight, generally feel more energetic and hopefully, HOPEFULLY Ill see some sort of improvement when I get my blood tests done next month.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just checked my blood pressure with one of those electric wrist cuffs, 124/77

Time to put a check on my salt intake too I think