Win10 WU driver release 07/10/2015 15.201.1151 WHQL (not Station drivers release)...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ReaperXL2, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Hey guys

I just got this very driver (oculus) through win10 WU this morning (WHQL'd)... I had great performance from the previous (non WHQL'd) release of this driver, so I'm expecting similar if not better performance with this one...

testing will tell the true story though

Edit : I checked & realised that I already had this driver installed (WHQL'd not Beta) from Station drivers... The fact that win10 WU installed their version dated 07/10/2015 over the top of Station drivers release shows that although the build numbers may be the same, something is definitely different here... I just can not figure out what ???

2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I haven't received it yet.
    May be the WHQL version is limited to a smaller subset of the supported cards (very unlikely with Tahiti being very similar to any later Radeon GPUs up to this date) or it's a mysterious WU lag/bug (I just clicked on manual search but still no updates for me). I have the non-WHQL beta 1151 (15.9.1) from AMD's site installed (manually) but WU never hesitates to override an older version as soon as a new driver is available.

3. d2kx

d2kx Active Member

This driver fixes DXVA2 for E-350 and other APUs/chips that are not supported in the AMD.com Catalyst packages on Windows 10.

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    This is the first driver of any kind that WU has offered me since I upgraded on day one. I had 15.7.1 installed and decided to try this. It installed okay but, CCC disappeared from the right click menu on the desktop. Trying to open CCC from all programs did nothing. Running the setup file in the WU-CCC2 folder also did nothing. Even the repair didn't work. I uninstalled CCC through programs and features and then tried the setup file again. It didn't work. I then ran the setup in repair mode and now CCC opens from All Programs in my Classic Shell menu but it is still missing from the desktop context menu and it doesn't even show in the installed programs list. It looks like it is the latest version but the driver update from WU did not work very well. I may just go back to 15.7.1. (15.200.1062.1004)

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ AFAIC the WU driver update is horrible. It just overwrites the bits that are older, potentially messing everything up. Doesn't even ask for a reboot IIRC.

Gladly it (WU driver updates) can be disabled with Group Policy Editor...

6. IamBidyuT

IamBidyuT Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5450
    Windows 10 Graphics driver update for AMD Series

Company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Driver Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Driver Class: Video
    Driver Model: AMD RADEON HD5450 (Mine) + Others
    Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Version: 15.201.1151.0
    Version Date: 8/21/2015

Download Link: download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2015/09/200006407_ccd99851bfb8e20b389d14fc6bca3c26a899fc1f.cab

7. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    No, it did not ask for a reboot. The driver numbers are the same as the 15.9.1 beta too. AMD's site is still offering the 15.7.1 as the latest.

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    they are showing as ready to install for me

what i am going to do is use ddu first then run the win update so i get the full package not just bits of 1

will report back shortly

*EDIT*

driver installed fine after using ddu, CCC works and so does VSR

will test a few games later on but desktop and browser seem smooth (chrome)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Isn't this driver the same as Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows 10?

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Isn't this the 15.9.1 beta?

11. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Yes, it seems to be the same thing with the additional WHQL certificate and possibly a recompiled version with little to no meaningful changes. Although I still didn't receive this update.

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I wonder who WHQL'd these. My guess is Microsoft themselves.

13. d2thez

d2thez Guest

Oddly this update disappeared from my 290x Win10 machine this morning. And upon first scan on me E-350 APU laptop this morning it doesn't appear at all. Anybody else confirm their findings?

Also, that link above for the download straight from Microsoft doesn't include the DevID for the E-350 (9802) that others have said showed up fine for them and installed.

14. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Got it from WU
    AMD APU A4-3305 6480G/6700M
    [​IMG]

15. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I hid the update using the wushowhide.cab tool, uninstalled everything in safe mode, then rebooted still in safe mode and got the original Win 10 driver. Booted into full Windows and installed 15.7.1 and still CCC was not in the context menu. I found in another thread that this was caused by an incorrect registry entry, corrected that, and now it's back to normal. The update messed up that registry entry and had it pointing to a wrong file. Anyway, I'm back on 15.7.1 and will not update until AMD posts a new driver on their site. They are still pushing the 15.7.1.

No drivers from WU for me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

16. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    You might have a point, but the Windows restart bit is completely false. I ran Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8.1 x64 and now Windows 10 x64. Except for Windows 8.1 where installs would always fail unless i restarted twice, all AMD driver updates worked without requiring a reboot, with no bluescreens or reduced functionality whatsoever. That, over a Radeon 4850, Radeon 6950 and Radeon 290. I never ran any "driver uninstaller" or "driver cleaner" or anything. I never uninstalled the old driver - always installed on top.

WDM drivers have gone a LONG way.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    the 15.9.1 are newer

[​IMG]