Far Cry Primal Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    A new Far Cry game has appeared in the Steam db named Far Cry Sigma with some on GAF stating that it could be a PC port of Far Cry Classic or even Ubisoft's console only Instincts series.

What would you guys like it to be if indeed it is anything new at all? Blood Dragon 2 perhaps?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1119428

GAF

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Blood Dragon 2 would be awesome.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At a guess it'll probably be Ubisoft's remake of Far Cry 1 ("Far Cry Classic" was it?) but we'll see, people say it's not as good as the original though but I have not played it myself though from what I do know it's been ported over from CryEngine 1 to Dunia used in Far Cry 3 and 4 though I don't know if it has any additions or other changes but it was intended for X360 and PS3 so unless updated for (if that's what this is.) the PC release it'll probably be a bit worse looking than those games.

Would really like Blood Dragon 2 though, short game but fun so I'm hoping the sequel will improve upon the formula and they've hinted and working on something like that but we'll see what this actually is once it gets properly announced / revealed. :)

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    As long as it features dense jungles with soldiers i can hunt down i'm all ears. :)

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    IF it is a remake of Far Cry 1, expect to be disappointed, it starts awesome killing soldiers in the jungle then the dumb aliens come into play.

I'm pretty sure i've never finished Far Cry 1 because of it.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    ....and Crysis :p

Aliens can seriously bring down the quality of any AAA shooter.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's Crysis 1, not Far Cry!

Far Cry 1 was the first game I can think of with a 64-bit version, it took a very long time for 64-bit to go mainstream.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far Cry 1 is a bit similar though, part-way through it switches soldiers to mutants.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah mutants is what i meant sorry, thanks for clearing that up. :D

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    The volcano base was the biggest pile of crap end level design I've played in a while. Terrible finale of endlessly spawning end level bosses and enemies

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The final level doesn't spawn enemies.
    There's a set number of heavies, leapers and cloaked Trigens.

It's a pain in the ass, and horribly balanced yes, but it doesn't spawn enemies in endlessly.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Huh, clould have fooled me. I just enabled god mode and infinite ammo, made my way to where they were coming from and just saw them spawning at the samr point, assumed infinite

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, in the volcano section there's a set number of enemies that will appear in that area.
    How they place them in that area... I'm not sure. Do they spawn them in, probably.

But, if you do it right, you can force the door right before the volcano to stay open. Allowing you to user the sniper rifle and pick off a lot of the enemies from a distance, and the safety of that room.

It's how I finished the game.
    Picking off the leapers and cloaked ones from a distance, and once they were dead and gone. I ran out to take out the heavies.
    It can take a bit, but you can clear the area out.

And, as far as the series itself... as I said above, I'd rather have Blood Dragon 2. But, I'd take a FarCry game that tries either a new location, different time frame/setting.
    Something like that.

But, the FarCry Classic they released on consoles a few years back... I might be interested in.

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Far cry 1 was awesome at the time. To bad the protagonist must have been glowing like the sun with a "shoot me" sign on the forehead cause the enemies spotted me 1km away if i steped out of a plant or coughed too loud. Must have been the shirt.

15. Jamie T

Jamie T Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    It wouldn't be a Blood Dragon 2 as they said it aint happening :(

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I do remember going to th3 final level all out guns blazing died many times but i achieved to finish it. It was actually bad level design but i cant think of a better sandbox game at the time with the same setting i felt for the first time that i am on an island fighting my way through dense jungle lovely scenery i enjoyed every moment of farcry 1 and i replayed it 3 times.
    I remember running it on the mx 440 64mb/ram and intel celeron lol the box art of each level were appealing aswell i can bet ubisoft do make thr best box art or level loading same with crytek

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Ooo exciting. Then again being someone who never managed to even play more than a few initial hours of Far Cry 4 due to constant technical issues I'm also ever so wary concerning a new Far Cry outing.

No idea what the cave paintings mean though.

edit Far Cry Primal set in the ice age

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180793484&postcount=995

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800