Deep/Dark Web.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Has anyone ever ventured into it's depths? I've heard the youtube stories, and to be fair it scares the crap out of me.
    Feel free though to share any Deep web stories here, any of you may have encountered. If you have entered into it, how long for? And do you visit often?
    I for one will never go there!! It just seems too damn scary for me. ( And i love all manner of horror! )

Share if you want though.:infinity: :puke2: :3eyes:

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Had a look around silk road when I heard about it, quite interesting seeing all the things you could buy, pretty scary really how easy it would be too, but was a slow-assed experience via VPN / Tor etc

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Yeah i remember my Son saying something like that. He told me he went in and said you can buy absolutly anything.

4. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    you can even hire an assassin, the dark web scares the hell out of me.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yup, and it uses bitcoins too, so no trace of paypal, bank details etc

I know bitcoins aren't 100% untraceable, but much less than a credit card

And yea, it's like ebay for all things illegal, even little pictures of the drugs or weapons etc

6. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    It's funny. Drugs and weapons is the lighter side of what can be bought/sold.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I didn't delve that deep, didn't want any trace of my machine anywhere on places like that, don't mind checking out drugs and weapons but not really keen on seeing anything deeper

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Don't bother going to the deepweb without using a proxy tbh.

Deepweb is most likely 40% market websites, 20% 4chan alternatives and the rest illegal stuff like CP and whatnot.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You can only access it via Tor anyway

10. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yeah but thats not going to be enough security.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't know if you can use a proxy with Tor, if the deepweb links would accept the connection, and if you could, it would be slower than a potato, it's already painfully slow just with Tor

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Tor is already safer than a proxy. Why would you use a proxy with Tor when essentially the first relay node on Tor is your (randomly chosen) proxy?

13. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Tried to enter once after watching some youtube videos, but the link that I got no longer exist. Didn't manage to enter the deep web.

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    literally every day (no i dont like cheese pizza)

this is an odd thread
    a proxy or even proxy chain is not only redundant, but actually a security risk...for multiple reasons. if youd like, i can explain why

15. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I checked it a few years ago, slow as f, and kind of boring really, there's the hidden wiki which is like a general index of most popular sites you can find and there's a search engine I don't remember its name but it indexes a lot of repeated sites, I find it awesome you can even hire hitmans there :p but really I find it more likely to get scammed than to actually get what you want

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Talking about security in a dark web thread... :rolleyes:
    You know they actually cought people advertising big time on silk road? That's how far security, and privacy goes with it... they'll still get you if you hired an assassin or bought a ton of drugs and weapons.

17. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    do you even know how the site itself was busted? again id be happy to go into more detail but it boils down to: people were dumb & made a number of careless mistakes that could have been easily avoided. i mean, the only reason the US govt even managed to find the site & subsequently the server was becos sloppy coding caused part of the site to broadcast its IP. i dont mean this rudely but "thats how far security goes" is just a silly thing to say

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  19. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Don't bother, really. If you find the right place you see/find/get amazing stuff but it's not worth the hassle. There's stuff that scarred me for life, not kidding! I am by nature curious and tend to watch it all the way until I encountered a live execution (Russian roulette) that was the final drop. I felt dead inside for the next two days. Some guys even bet on that with BTC :puke2: I've seen **** there that would even turn serial killers white. Oooh and security is something you really have to consider when digging a bit deeper.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Yea I made the mistake when I was younger of watching 'faces of death', thought it was clever being young and stupid, later in life those memories haunt me