Samsung 850 EVO firmware update (EMT02B6Q)

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by RzrTrek, Sep 23, 2015.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Samsung 850 EVO (EMT02B6Q) firmware update

What has been changed over the previous firmware version, where do we find that changelog and when will RAPID Mode and Data Migration Software run on Windows 10 natively?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    My magician says that EMT01B6Q is still the latest firmware. :3eyes:

3. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Before anyone asks, the firmware is offered by Magician.
    Not available for download on Samsung's website.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    After receiving a couple of hundred complains from angry customers on Samsung's official SSD Facebook page, they finally acknowledged by replying with the following:

[​IMG]

Update (25-09-2015):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Am I the only one experiencing random 1s freezes such as mouse lag, video and gaming stutter after having upgraded the firmware through Samsung Magician?

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Uninstall the magician software and then reinstall it. Cleared all the stuttering issues for me after updating the firmware.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I did just that without any luck, finally decided to remove it all together, but it won't go away, guess we'll have to wait for a fixed firmware, knowing Samsung, it will probably take at least six months, at a minimum, if they even bother at all...

8. mintyfresh171

mintyfresh171 Guest

GPU:
    None
    Not sure if this would help, but magician doesn't work right in WIndows 10. I'm thinking maybe it's acting up because of that, especially after the firmware upgrade. Would you be willing to try a clean install to make sure it's the firmware thats bugging out the SSD, and not something in Windows 10 itself?

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    EMT01B6Q is working perfect, windows 10 isnt making a problem. Only thing i cant use is rapid mode (never even use it) I wont even update the firmware.

10. mintyfresh171

mintyfresh171 Guest

GPU:
    None
    Rapid mode in windows 10 not working is normal. Last I heard theyre working on an updated version of magician that will add support for windows 10. I'm asking about the firmware new firmware, (EMT02B6Q), in windows 10. Since it was applied with Magician, and magician doesn't work right in win 10, i'm wondering if thats why RzrTrek has freezing and mouse lag. Basically, is it the firmware itself thats causing the issue, or is it how magician applied the firmware under win 10?

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    When I uninstalled magician, I also deleted all references to Samsung in the registry, leaving the device references alone. Also deleted the Samsung folder in the app folder; cannot remember if it was in the Low or Roaming subfolder. Then ran the registry scan in CCleaner to see if any Magician references were still left. Then reinstalled the software. Just saying this is what ended up curing my ills.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I did remove all of them from the registry and folders, but it didn't help, mouse lag/freeze is out of control.

13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Only thing left would be to just uninstall the software and wait till the win 10 version is released to try it again.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I will do just that, can't be bothered with useless bloatware that doesn't run as advertised, and again, knowing Samsung's history, they will most likely make another delay and/or put the lid on for good like nothing ever happened.

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I had a major mouse freeze today (couldn't move my mouse at all) my mouse and keyboard kept flashing at random in intervals of one second while I waited for a good two-three minutes while remaining in my Skype conversation (both my audio/mic and visuals worked without any issues) before ending up having to restart my computer (it all started after having flashed my SSD from EMT01B6Q to EMT02B6Q).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Since you will be acquiring an RMA for it, there is nothing to lose. Try secure wiping it and doing a fresh install to see if that cures anything.

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I won't be update the firmware then, 850 Evo 500GB windows 8.1 01B6Q

Taken from TomsHardware Quote

18. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I also see the new firmware in magician, but i think i pass, because of problems reported.

Are there people who dont have problems after firmware update?

Edit:

Was reading on the internet and saw that people did the firmware update without any problems, so i also risked it and so far no problems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I did what you proposed, but it didn't solve anything (except for removing the major mouse freeze, as pictured in my video) where it now 'only' lags every ~15-30 min for a few seconds at random when browsing for files in windows, watching movies, listening to music and playing games.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Would it be possible for someone to confirm whether Samsung removed the firmware update in question from Magician?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015