Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO S Tournament Grade Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mad Catz announced the R.A.T. PRO S, a Windows 10 compatible high performance gaming mouse designed for tournament play. Expected to ship in time for Holiday 2015, the R.A.T. PRO S striking visual des...

Mad Catz R.A.T. PRO S Tournament Grade Gaming Mouse

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Might just be me, but doesn't really look comfortable to hold ;3

3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    A friend of mine lent me his RAT9 for a few days some time ago. It worked for him, but despite being able to adjust virtually everything, it was nowhere close to DeathAdder for me.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Was really impressed with my TE Rat when i got it,both in precision and comfort, was expecting it to be a lot less comfortable, but still, if comfort is your main priority then i'd stay away from R.A.T's.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    For me mice like the Logitech MX518, G5 and G500(s) have the best comfort.

It's a shame they abandoned this after the G500s.

6. claydough

claydough Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 1080fe
    Not sure about how important comfort is? ( No it's not a pillow )
    but hex-angular sure gives me more control and precision than "round" does.

And that control with repetitive heavy actions means I have the comfort of no more carpal woe.
    ( I love u R.A.T. 9! u r an unbreakable tank against my 5+ years of clumsy hardwood dropage. Now if u only had more mappable buttons... like on the pinky side )

A no buy for me tho. Never go back to wired now that 1ms is imperceptible lag.
    And the sensor opt for future proofing and switching use style did not make it over from the PRO X.
    The half moon stencil over the sensor seems to have made it over from the original R.A.T. tho! I thought that Z-Tracking fix was for the twin Eye laser...
    But as this is an optical sensor I wonder if such a strategy is beneficial to z-tracking "in general" somehow?

Shame I like that it has less Shiny Plastic and a lil less candy color compared to the PRO X ( +1 for matte stealth fighter black )
    :tomcat:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. audiophizile

audiophizile Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    These may not shape to the contours of your hand but out of the mice I've tried (g502, zowie fk1, steel series rival, mionix naos 7000, old g9x and a couple others) my old rat 7 is the most comfortable for me. Naos feels great as well but lifting it can be a bit slippery and it could use more height in the rear. I like with the rat you can extend it to make it touch the base of your hand to keep your wrist off the mouse pad. This takes a lot of stress off your wrist for long sessions and can lead to better control. I also like how wide it is, think g9x. I am 6'2 but have small hands for my height and love it. The only reason I switched was because of the sensor being not great. With the 3310 sensor I will probably be going back to this rat. I'm glad they finally realized that gamers want accurate sensors and the 3310 is pretty darn good. I'm very excited to try this out!

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As owner of Saitek High End Joystick, keypad, mouse. And Madcatz(Saitek) Joystick and gamepad, I can say that their more expensive products are high quality.

If I never held roccat kone, I would have RAT mouse. Probably RAT.9. But way kone fits my hand is just perfect. I am using palm and fingertip grip, and while fingertip grip is surely good with RAT mouses, I was never sure about palm.

Performance wise, there are little to no differences between top mouses from many manufacturers. So it really boils down to comfort of each user, button placement preference and for some wired/wireless selection.