Screw you microsoft

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by rap1021, Sep 5, 2015.

1. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    After days of googling and a lot of hard work i give up.
    Windows 10 is still in alpha stage thats why its a free upgrade.
    My primary use of a pc is to play games but if windows 10 cant provide it then whats the use of using it.
    A game getting constant 60 fps in windows 8.1 and below is barely reaching 60 fps in windows 10..
    Frankly speaking Microsoft is dead since their last good piece of work which was windows 7.
    Nevertheless, having found no solution to the issue mentioned above, i have decided to go back to win 8.1
    And in the end all i can say is SCREW YOU MICROSOFT.

2. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    while i cant say windows 10 was the best transaction in terms of issues and drivers, i can say that gaming is generally pretty good... except for older games crashes, i just run windows compatibility mode.

3. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    I didnt experience any crashes but it was the v sync mainly..
    It only gave me either 60fps or 30 fps nothing in between...
    And stuttering every now and then like 60 57 58 59 60

4. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    well maybe before you start pointing fingers at microsoft you should try to clean install your drivers, or just simply disable v sync? you get less input lag as a plus.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yes, sounds like a driver issue. Blame NVidia, not Microsoft!

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    looks like user error to me far to impatient should have waited before upgrading it is a new OS it takes time for drivers to be tested and released they can release a driver when an OS is released but some problems will not come to light Until people start using the OS and they may take time to FIX.

I have only had 1 problem with windows 10 and that was with a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard driver. kept giving me USB3 Broadcom driver which does not work it took me couple of hours to find the problem and fix it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've heard reports of Nvidia's W10 drivers but being as good as their 8.1's.

Can't say ive had any issues myself though, ranging from 15 year old games like the original Hitman game up to Dying Light from this year.

That vsync issue sounds like a triple buffering problem.

8. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    I googled it and found out it wasn't only nvidia but amd drivers too had such issues..
    There's a whole lot of them complaints about the sane problem.

9. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    Triple buffering is off on nvidia control panel ant its also set to maximum power.
    I even tested the game in windowed mode still the same issue

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I have no problems with any games. They all play just as well or better in 10 than they did in 8.1. No games had to be reinstalled or fixed after the upgrade either. Even my ancient Need For Speed 3, Hot Pursuit works with a Glide wrapper and AA and AF forced through CCC. I'm an AMD user as well.

I don't think it's a Windows problem.

This machine came with 8.1 pre-installed so I have no idea what it would be like with 7.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im amazed people have taken to Windows 10 the way they have. Vista was nowhere near as bad as Windows 10, but people still consider it the worse OS from MS.

Short memory as usual.

Sticking with 8.1 untill 10 becomes less nanny like.

12. rap1021

rap1021 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 8 GB OC
    Just installed windows 8.1 again and voila my games running flawlessly as they should.
    With the same drivers 355.82

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The younger crowd maybe, the rest of us remember the horrors of Windows ME and 98 (Not SE), as well as a couple of other gaffes.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I remember the horrors of 95, 98(not se), ME, XP RTM, Vista and 8

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'd say that ME was by far the worst, luckily 2000 was an option at the time. Easily my favourite Microsoft O/S. It took three service packs before I jumped onto XP. Regardless, I've never been one for early adoption when it comes to software, there's always going to be problems. I tend to wait at least a couple of months so the issues can be ironed out.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Vista wasnt perfect.

UAC wasnt hard to turn off and driver support was an issue because manufactures were to busy pissing around. Not MS fault.

Id take Vista over Windows 10 any as far as functionality and control goes. Obviously 10s performance makes Vista look like a joke.

ME, man, that OS.....ill stop now before i wipe my HDDs. Im pretty sure if you mention it three times it self installs.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I ran ME on 3 different systems. Didn't have a single issue with any of them as long as the built in defrag utility was never used.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ME, i remember making dbz music videos on that thing with Movie Maker. Sometimes the audio driver would freakout causing sound to crackle and id have to quit MM to get it to go back to normal.

Some of the ME commercial parody videos on YT are hilarious.

Does anyone else ever install older OS's in vm just for a nostalgia trip?

Once 10s passed its teething issues, then im in. Untill then, 8.1 all the way.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ME was terrible, but back then, I was so sick of "Please insert your Windows 98se CD" to install nearly everything, and ME didn't lol

It crashed all the time, but booted so fast I didn't care

I did move on to 2k after ME, which was my first ever experience with NTFS - had to ask someone why 'format c:' in DOS didn't work any more lol

Which took me to fdisk education

I've always been into cutting edge, beta etc, but I'm slowing down a bit these days, back then I would have been running Win 10 pre-release as my main OS from day 1, now days I just want a working machine, so keep it to VMs for testing

Still jumped in too quickly with 10 RTM though, wished I'd stuck with dualboot at first, although it seems OK now

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Triple Buffering would stop the drops to 30fps, don't think enabling it in the NVCP works in DX games though.

Personally, ive not had any similar issues, but I don't know which games your trying.

As for W10 being worse than Vista, not a chance.
    Vista had a ton of driver issues, while also having poorer performance for those on the lower end.

XP was actually my least favourite OS on launch, but I was young then and hadn't quite learned to embrace change.