Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 Issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Flakman, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Here's my question, I hope someone here can help/advise.

I purchased an Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5 factory overclocked video card months back. With the older drivers pre 35x.xx I had little issues with drivers, there were a couple driver issues but, mostly functional.

With the newer more aggressive drivers from nVidia, I find the factory overclock unstable. I would like to ether permanently return the card to stock speeds, or find some kind of way to stabilize this card.

I see only a UEFI BIOS at Asus that my MB does not support. See sig.

This is the second GTX660-DC2O-2GD5, as the first was completely unstable even on desk top. "I know I should have gone with eVGA or MSI, but this card was cheep and local.

I see the new 355.82 has a debug mode that returns the card to factory clocks, and am using this driver. It's stable and fast. Does anyone here know if that setting stays every boot? If I change the driver to something else, will I loose this reference clock settings?

Thank you for your time.

2. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    high buddy, sorry no one replied to your post, a shot in the dark but try and do a clean reinstall of the drivers, as drivers have caused gpu instability for me. if that doesnt work then you could probably rma as the card is advertised to work at that overclock, although it does sound like drivers tbh

3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Thank you for replying.

I contacted Asus customer support "I will never buy another Asus product again!" I was as polite as a minister. Was told that they only had the UEFI BIOS "Which you can't flash back from!". That the nVidia drivers issues are nVidia's issue, and they won't RMA the card for driver issues.

I knew I should have purchased an MSI or eVGA card, lesson learned. I also had two Asus sound cards just quit with no warning, and the poorest of driver support from Asus.

Never again with Asus, never again

4. xeph

xeph Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 1480/7200
    yeah evga and msi have great warranties

5. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    why don't you try modifying your vbios ? it's quite easy w/ kepler bios tweaker... reinstall driver after flashing new vbios.