Hannibal.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    What do you think of this show?

I'am really enjoying it. But it's being axed after series 3. Which is a shame really. I know it can be quite pretentious, but i think thats what makes it charming.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Albeit a little weird, loved S01 / S02,

S03 is rushed, weird and has lost me completely as it is just too dark and grim. I did watch until the latest S03 epi 8.

4 more to go and then it ends.

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Series 3 so far is a bit of a mess. There is referances from Hannibal movie, Silance of the Lambs, and now dolarhyde has made is apperance.
    But it's all fun.

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I used to like it but now I won't miss it at all after it's over. They made such a mess of the Will Graham character, left out Clarice completely, and totally screwed up the chronology of everything. It gets far too involved in the characters psyches, imaginations and dream states and really gets hard to follow many times. If it was more linear in it's storytelling it might have done better in the ratings and not gotten cancelled. I still don't get what the significance of Will seeing that stag is all about.

The first season was all original story and was when the show was at it's best. When they started redoing things from the movies it went downhill fast.

5. ibitato

ibitato Guest

im still in S1 , but it's ok

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It's been axed? Really?
    I watched all episodes,and i want more.
    Never read the books,but as far as i am concerned ,no time line is messed up.
    The show is grim and dark,but it is Hannibal...the very insane doctor who served intricate dishes at his parties made from persons he killed because they we're "rude".
    The show pushed the line a bit with Jack and Will almost dying so many times...and get to live.
    However,the Mason Verger part was unfold as never before,and Margot -Alana mix surprised me.
    C'mon people,it is a good show,good acting nice costumes and solid plot.

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Honestly, I feel like this show is OK at best. While I love Mikkelsen's portrayal of Hannibal (who was perfectly cast btw), the shows presentation is just slow and a bit boring. And there is far too much of the overplayed Will Graham character. Enough with him already lol. I drudged through the first two seasons, but think I am done with it altogether. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments, but it just doesn't have the same allure the movies did imo.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm still loving it.

Also there are rumors Netflix will take it over.

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Before Netflix can take it over, they have to sort out the exclusive streaming rights for the show with Amazon. Amazon passed on picking it up, so maybe something will happen but I don't really care.

The time lines are all messed up. In the movies, the Verger events and the escape to Italy happen after the events in Silence of the Lambs (which have been completely left out). It is Clarice Starling who goes to Italy, not Will Graham. He only takes part in the Red Dragon things which also take place far before the Verger stuff, not after like the show has them. In Red Dragon, Hannibal has been captured but all the other things like Lambs, his escape, Italy and Verger come later.

They've just changed too many things. They should have stayed with original stories like the first season was and kept the show as a prequel to all the events in the movies. Also Will should have been portrayed as less of a nut job. I bet it would have done a lot better in the ratings if they had. It was a good show at first but they ruined it and have nobody to blame for it's cancellation but themselves.

10. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Not going to happen, they've already turned it down. So has Amazon Prime.

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    That's too bad.I would like to see more of this show.

12. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I watched the last two seasons, the last episode I saw this season was the one when

Jack caught up with Hannibal and let him get away.
    We had another thread on Hannibal last year. To bad they cannot be combined.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388093

13. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Love the show, read all the books and although the show doesn't follow the original narrative it is really good, the crime scenes are visually stunning and the cast is great real shame it's been cancelled I was hoping it would find another home so we might get see Clarice in action but no such luck.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Season 3 went a tad downhill imo, still good, but not as good as the previous 2.

Mads Mikkelsen however, great choice for this role.

15. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I've still got to watch the last episode. And i kinda have mixed feelings for season 3. I just feel the creaters have really messed up a great idea, for the Hannibal universe. They seemed to have rushed the season 3 and started to throw everything at it. TBH no wonder it got axed. It just got stupid.
    First two were really good. But 3 was just a train crash.
    Am very dissapointed by it. :bang:

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Damn DAT ending doe.

I agree season 3 felt rushed.

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    The ending was like Holmes and Moriarty at the Rickenbach falls.

18. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Yes. Of couse it was. I knew there was somthing about that ending.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Finally got time this weekend to watch the last few episodes. Man the show really turned around in the last half of S3. Loved the story line when the Tooth Fairy / Great Red Dragon started.

The finale just was fantastic Hannibal and Will in a sort of beast like state of mind and symbiosis taking down the Red Dragon, afterwards with a fitting ending.

Albeit, I don't think they are dead ? Or at least Hannibal isn't. The post credits scene where Bedelia anxiously is seeing (at least implied) her leg served, by defacto would mean that Hannibal sits on the other side of the table serving it to her.

As negative and rushed as S03 started, it turned around completely for me. What a pleasure this show has been.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I enjoyed it till the end, rushed or not.

Really a refreshing TV show.