MSI Adds GeForce GTX 980 and 980 Ti Armor2X Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    They look really beautifull looks much better then those twin frozr cooler designs, i like them allot, but are they cooler then the twin frozr to ? i hope so xD

3. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    They have the same look as the MSI GTX 960 2GD5T OC

4. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    kinda didnt get with "cost saving" model as price seems not different much either
    i think they just replacing "reference model" with slight oc

while gaming series serve premium model for people looking best performance

by the time they release it and reach to market stock, it will be few months before new nvidia released lol

5. Battlefieldprin

Battlefieldprin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 780TI DC 2 OC 3GB
    The lightening edition is supposed to be the crown jewel of MSI , just I hope they don't mess it up like the 290X

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The Lightning will be a piece of engineering art. Even if ti comes out late, it will be more for the PR it will get on websites and from extreme LN2 overclockers. I loved my 2x680s Lightnings, but they were probably the worst bang for the buck I ever spent (still have one for collectotion's sake, it looks so freaking bad-ass). :p

7. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    They have not released an Nvidia "lightning" edition in a while now. They had to stop that due to the green light program, I believe is what I was told. I am still using my gtx 770 lightning cards, they have been great, but I think its time to move on. *EDIT, just found a few articles talking about a 980 ti lightning......... interesting, now may have to wait longer......

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I had the 580 Lightning, and it really was a really good card. Was happy with it until this Spring when I updated.

But usually, iirc, the Lightning's have always been the last versions to be released, so I won't expect them to be around until this autumn, probably September or October, if not later.